AFIII Using Axe fx 3 as audio interface, with microphone. Need setup help

prizzy

Ok. So I have a focusrite solo that I used to used to record guitar an vocals. I am trying to get things set up so I can only use the fractal only, because using 2 different ASIO drives isn't possible without a ton of sacrifices.

So I still need to use the focusrite's preamp. So this is my setup.

I have
out 1 L going to my monitors

input from focusrite is going to Input 2 L

In reaper
In7 [in 2 L] is the focusrite
Input 1 is the guitar

So we have a backing track my daughter is singing to, we have that as track 1. We only have 1 room. I can't figure out how to get her voice and backing track to come out just the headphones, and not the studio speakers at the same time. Even plugging the headphones into the focusrite monitor it's just her voice, no backing track. Turning output 1 down cuts everything.

So I tried plugging the monitors into output 2 then copying output 1 to output 2 in the I/O menu. Then I could turn down 2 and plug in headphones. It works when I am playing my guitar via input 1, but when playing back from reaper, it's doesn't copy it. Just to output 1.

I could just plug the fractal into the focusrite and use that as my primary interface. It just sucks to have this amazing piece of equipment and not use it.

I could add a mixer, but introducing extra stuff can add noise.

Maybe someone knows how to do this. Thanks in advance!!! Please excuse the noobish.

Does anyone know if there is a way to have a PC's system audio outputted to output 2 of a axe fx? I am using output 1 for my headphone mixes, and output 2 to my studio speakers. I want the PC games and stuff to use the studio monitors also.

Back
Top Bottom