Using AX8 live through cab

thmoas

Hi everyone !

So I'm new to the Fractal world, and apart from what I'm reading on forums from time to time, I'm really not a pro with amplification.
So I've made my searches but I couldn't find a clear answer, that's why I'm asking it here. (And please keep in mind that I'm not a pro and that my budget isn't really extensible so if I can use the material I already have it's best)

I wanted to use an AX8 live with my band, and for now I just have a Jet City tube amp (that doesn't have a clean channel but only crunch and OD), 12W and a 1x12 cab. I wanted to know what would be the best option if I want to use an AX8 live :

• Run the AX8 through the cleanest signal I can get on my amp
  • Run the AX8 directly through the cab (and must I add something as a power amp or such ?)
  • Run the AX8 through the PA system and maybe buy a wedge so that I get something that will be close to an amp on stage ?

- or I'm totally wrong and I need way different things than this ?

If jour Amp has an FX-Loop, connect the AX8 Out to the FX return jack!
Turn speaker emulation in the ax8 off

I’m pretty sure all of the Jet City models had a line level FX return. It’ll be helpful to set the global output level to -10 dB instead of +4, and to disable power amp simulation and cabs.

Thanks for your replies !
So the FX loop is what goes between Send and Return right ? (yeah here is my level of knowledge in terms of amplification...) If so, yes it does have it

Will it sound as great as in the videos we can see on YouTube for example, then?

So I would need my head anyway, I can't have the AX8 straight into the cab ? (still these are good news)

a speaker cabinet needs a power amp. a guitar amp has a power amp in it, so it would work with the FX Loop suggestion. if you don't want to use your amp head, yes you'd need a power amp of some sort.

Back
Top Bottom