Using an AX8 on a Yamaha THR10?

Rodolfo808

I’m planning on getting a Yamaha THR10 as an amp upgrade from my old practice amp. I was looking at the AX8 and fell in love with the sound of it. Question is, would the AX8 sound good if I use it on this amp? Or would is sounds awful?

What is the purpose for running the AX8 into the Yamaha? Power?

The AX8 has all the amps and cabs you need.

OK but still not understanding why you are using the THR10? You don't have any studio monitors hooked up to a interface, etc.?

How do you intend to use the AX8 into the THR10?

I’m planning on getting a Yamaha THR10 as an amp upgrade from my old practice amp. I was looking at the AX8 and fell in love with the sound of it. Question is, would the AX8 sound good if I use it on this amp? Or would is sounds awful?
Hi, I will tell you my experience, I' ve got 3 Yamaha THR10, (cream, X, C), and some time ago I fall in love with AX8. I don't monitors neither, but the THR you can use like sound interface, so, my solution was connect my guitar to AX8 -> output 1 balanced to input THR. After I use the flat channel on THR (gain channel and master 12 o clock )and Whoala! It's sounds very cool. I hope to be clear, and excuse if there is something wrong in my post.

Sounds like you want to use the THR as a monitoring solution for the AX8, and sure you can. Flat mode would probably be best if you're running into the input straight from the AX8 Out 1. If you have some sort of mixer you could run the AX8 into that, then run from the mixer into the AUX input on the THR. Same input you would use to play music from your phone or whatever.

I sometimes run my AX8 into my THR10X. I just use the flat channel and I can get some great sounds at a volume that does not upset anybody.

Back
Top Bottom