Using an Acoustic Guitar with the AXE FX

it means with tone match I do not need to take my acoustic dreadnought to gig and just play my electric strat as a dread? missunderstood?

Cooper did a nice video, but there are still questions that need to be answered for the new folks, like the ones above.

The Axe is incredible with an acoustic. I put up a little vid last year demoing my Game Changer (a Music Man Reflex with piezo facility and other cool stuff) demoing the Axe's potential with acoustic. The preset link is in the video description box if you're interested.

Also this one with an old Japanese Ltd. Ed. Fender Telecaster (acoustic).

Sound great that last video. What exactly did you use for amp and cab in that video? any external gear? (I have a Mk1 so I can't load the preset right now).

Sound great that last video. What exactly did you use for amp and cab in that video? any external gear? (I have a Mk1 so I can't load the preset right now).
Just my studio monitors - Blue Sky Media Desk 2.1. Fractool should help you bring that preset across to your MK1.

Converted the preset with Fractool. First time I use it. Super easy.

Love the preset. Been playing with it all day with my acoustic 12-string. That reverb and multi delay makes all the difference. Thanks!

Converted the preset with Fractool. First time I use it. Super easy.

Love the preset. Been playing with it all day with my acoustic 12-string. That reverb and multi delay makes all the difference. Thanks!
Great stuff. I'm glad you're finding it useful. I've since replaced the volume block with a Tube Pre (amp block). It serves the same purpose with the added bonus of EQ and other tone shaping tools. It means you can probably use the GEQ block as well.

Yes, I used to use the Tube pre for that too. But people here say that the Tube pre is not neutral and adds his own color. I also like your option of using a volume and eq block. Seems like the most neutral you can get.

Do you do any special settings in the Tube pre when using an acoustic (besides basic eq'ing)?

Yes, I used to use the Tube pre for that too. But people here say that the Tube pre is not neutral and adds his own color. I also like your option of using a volume and eq block. Seems like the most neutral you can get.

Do you do any special settings in the Tube pre when using an acoustic (besides basic eq'ing)?
Basic EQ'ing is it, really. I don't hear much of a colour change, although I'm probably not too fussed because I add colour anyway. Try adding the Tube Pre block and A/B'ing with the volume block to see what you like.

just saw this thread here and been thinking about running my acoustic through my ART MPA Gold into the rear right input of the Axe. The ART is quite nice and warm straight into my CLR monitors but I'd like to route via Axe Fx for light f/x and small tone shaping. Anyone do something like this with success? I've tried using amp blocks like the tube pre etc...but I don't care too much for the coloration. Also the output from my MPA Gold uses balanced 1/4", from what I've read that is okay to feed into the Axe FX.

Back
Top Bottom