Using a right angle plug with a Tele

bulgmaf

Inspired
Anyone know of any tricks to be able to use a right-angle cable plug with a Tele? Because the plug jack is recessed in a Tele, a right-angle plug won't fit. So, I'm wondering if there are any solutions (longer right angle plug, after-market replacement jack that is not recessed into the body, adapter, etc.) I've read that some of the country old-timers used to turn the jack around so they could plug in an orange squeezer compressor. I'm not that tech-savvy if it would involve soldering.

Anyone know of any tricks to be able to use a right-angle cable plug with a Tele? Because the plug jack is recessed in a Tele, a right-angle plug won't fit. So, I'm wondering if there are any solutions (longer right angle plug, after-market replacement jack that is not recessed into the body, adapter, etc.) I've read that some of the country old-timers used to turn the jack around so they could plug in an orange squeezer compressor. I'm not that tech-savvy if it would involve soldering.
You could buy a Fender right-angle cable. They make the plug so that it fits in the socket perfectly and their coil-y cables have treated me pretty well the last few years.

A little late to the party here… I just replaced my main cable with a Mogami with a right-angle Neutrik plug and just confirmed that it works fine with the standard Telecaster jack.

If it's close you can just make sure the socket sits as far forward as it can by removing any washers between the jack and the cup retainer .
If that's still no the switchcraft type 11 or an electrosocket will fix it.

Back
Top Bottom