Using a Pedaltrain for the AX8

I recently purchased a Pedaltrain 1 with a hardcase. The dimensions are perfect for a AX8 and 1 pedal. The problem is...I can't close the case. The AX8 is too tall and I don't want to start tearing foam out because I need it to protect it. I'm thinking of upgrading to a Pedaltrain 2 with is a little wider, but the flight case is 1 inch taller. If you're using a Pedaltrain 2, what case are you using for transport? Let me know if you had to make any mods or send pics. Thanks!

image.jpegI'm using the AX8 on a PT-2 and the ATA case. I get the lid about 95% closed and it hits something (I'm assuming it's the protective bar). I have to push just a little to get the lid closed and locked. I've been doing this for about a month. Looking at the inside of the lid, I don't see any kind of impression being made, so I'm assuming that there isn't an excessive amount of pressure on the AX8. image.jpeg

View attachment 32289I'm using the AX8 on a PT-2 and the ATA case. I get the lid about 95% closed and it hits something (I'm assuming it's the protective bar). I have to push just a little to get the lid closed and locked. I've been doing this for about a month. Looking at the inside of the lid, I don't see any kind of impression being made, so I'm assuming that there isn't an excessive amount of pressure on the AX8. View attachment 32287
Thanks!! That's exactly what I was hoping to hear. Keep on Jammin' for JC!

Thanks!! That's exactly what I was hoping to hear. Keep on Jammin' for JC!

For whatever it's worth, I'm, having the same experience with the PT2 and ATA case. A little pressure required to get it to fully close but doesn't seem to be doing any damage.

I ordered these. They worked great. These are what others (and Matt) recommended in the thread about removing the feet.

Steel Machine Screw, Zinc Plated Finish, Flat Head, Phillips Drive, 6mm Length, M3.5-0.6 Metric Coarse Threads (Pack of 100)

Amazon product ASIN B00137MU5C

Last edited:
View attachment 32289I'm using the AX8 on a PT-2 and the ATA case. I get the lid about 95% closed and it hits something (I'm assuming it's the protective bar). I have to push just a little to get the lid closed and locked. I've been doing this for about a month. Looking at the inside of the lid, I don't see any kind of impression being made, so I'm assuming that there isn't an excessive amount of pressure on the AX8. View attachment 32287
are you using a power supply for the AX8 and H9?

I ended up selling my Classic Pro thinking I'd be going for the Novo 32 but, after looking at some of the boards posted, I want to put 2 H9's on my board (a la Pete Thorn). Pulling the trigger next week on 2 H9's, L6 G70, adding a Mission Eng. exp. w/ toe switch, polytune 2 blacklight (if I can ever fricken' find one anywhere), pedalpower mondo (the only power supply I know of that can power the H9's and has an AC outlet for the AX8), and I'm looking at the Pedaltrain Terra 42 w/ soft case.

Does anyone have experience with the Terra? From what I understand, it's 2 inches shorter than the Pro but 10" longer horizontally. If anyone has pics, I'd love to see them.

Have you tries the polytune black light?
I think, it looks super cool, but I find the display a bit hard to read. I have chosen to stay with my standard Polytune 2.

Have you tries the polytune black light?
I think, it looks super cool, but I find the display a bit hard to read. I have chosen to stay with my standard Polytune 2.
I have not. I'm wanting to keep a black aesthetic to my board. Even thinking about painting the h9's.

are you using a power supply for the AX8 and H9?

Yes, there is a Voodoo Lab PP2+ mounted underneath. The main power comes in to the PP2+. I have a 1 foot cord from the courtesy port to the AX8. The H9 is running off of ports 5 and 6 with a current doubler. I probably could use a power strip, but I already had the power supply mounted from a previous setup.

I am currently using a white Pedaltrain Fly, with an AX8 and Mission SP2. It is a nece size, but was thinking of something bigger to add some momentary switches. It's a great pedalboard, and the stock soft case is a little more robust than the standard soft cases that come with other Pedaltrains.

I've had that same Pedaltrain board and the hard case for almost ten years now. The foam may make things snug but I believe it's to make sure the board doesn't slide around. I've always loaded it with pedals without damaging anything and currently use it for my HD500x, and will most likely house my future Ax8 :)

Back
Top Bottom