Using a FC-12 to Control Backing Tracks?

Is there a way to have the FC-12 send MIDI messages separate from scene changes? I run backing tracks so I've previously been using a RJM Mastermind to send different messages to to the AXE III I have and the Ableton rig. I want to retain the ability to stay on the same sound Any ideas would be greatly appreciated (or anything I've just been missing).

Found it CS-MIDI let's you assign a Midi CC to a control switch then you can map that control switch to a footswitch on the FC-12. Ableton will let me map this to the needed function. I guess my expected behaviour was I can map a MIDI function directly to a footswitch. Also, the limit of 6 Control Switches is a bit problematic. Since I need a stop control too I guess we can only do 5 songs!

Exactly why so many, including myself, have been asking for more control switches.

id love to set up a whole layout or two on the FC to DAW control etc via CS, but with only 6 it can be a limiting as to what you want to use them for

Thanks for the suggestion. I came from a RJM GT/16. I didn't realize that control switches were so memory intensive. They certainly are useful.

Thanks @Admin M@! That's the first I heard of that. I actually don't need it to control MIDI like requested by the op. It's just the only sane way to leverage a "Stomp Box" style approach since we don't have block independent scenes. For me, it's all about changing Amp Tones independent of all the wet effects. I know there have been quite a few threads about it, just never seen any traction regarding possibilities.

Back
Top Bottom