Using a booster in FX Loop for solos

Gjerny

Hey guys, for a solo volume boost I intend to use a booster pedal (EP booster) plugged into the Axe FX send and return, where should I place the "FX Loop" block in the chain? Also, are there any parameters I need to adjust or look out for on the I/O or on the FX Loop block itself?

You could also just use a Filter block and boost the level without hooking all that up. But you didn't tell us what pedal or why, so I assume there's a reason.

Are you boosting amp Gain or just want a clean volume boost? That wasn't clear either. If the first, put it before the Amp block. If the latter, put it after the Amp block.

Thanks for reply Chris! I prefer using a physical pedal as I can make quick adjustments on the fly. And I'll be using it as a clean boost. So its AMP-FXL-CAB?

You could also just use a Filter block and boost the level without hooking all that up. But you didn't tell us what pedal or why, so I assume there's a reason.

Are you boosting amp Gain or just want a clean volume boost? That wasn't clear either. If the first, put it before the Amp block. If the latter, put it after the Amp block.
He said "EP Booster"... Unless that was an edit?

He said "EP Booster"... Unless that was an edit?
Oh, that's the pedal *thumbs up*

Thanks for reply Chris! I prefer using a physical pedal as I can make quick adjustments on the fly. And I'll be using it as a clean boost. So its AMP-FXL-CAB?
That works. Though I'd put it after the Cab block as well just in case you use any drive settings in that block.

The real pedal goes in front of the amp... I would put it in front of the Amp block.

Back
Top Bottom