Using 2 (or 3) outputs

Souq47

Well, I hope I don't get too confusing, but here's what I'm trying to achieve:

I play baritone guitar and would like to have a two-amp setup, with the signal routed to a guitar amp and a bass amp. I tried it with real amps and it sounds great.

Now I want to do that virtually to play direct. Of course AX8 only allows one amp at a time, so my solution is using the AX8 as guitar amp and effects, and have a separate signal that goes into a POG (octave) and a bass amp sim/DI. I could do that with a switcher (guitar to A/B switcher and then one cable into AX8 and the other into the "bass" setup, but I would prefer to do it all inside the AX8. I'm trying to achieve that by sending the "guitar" signal through chain 2, and having a clean signal in chain 3 (for the external bass rig), and then panning hard left and hard right. It kind of works, but I seem to have a constant "bass" sound even when I turn the volume of chain 3 to -20dB in the output mixer. What am I doing wrong?

Another option (haven't tried it yet): what about inserting the bass rig in the grid and controlling everything inside the AX8? Am I making sense?

As a bonus, assuming that I can do what I'm asking for, is it possible to have a third clean output for later reamping? It would be this:

Output 1 - Guitar rig
Output 2 - Bass rig
Output 3 - Clean signal

Thanks in advance!

Jorge

You can use output 1 and have separate L/R signals using panning (pan the git signal to the left and the bass signal right in the master block). Connect the input block to the FX block but leave the FX blocks output unconnected. The FX block will send the direct out to output 2.

Last edited:
You can use output 1 and have separate L/R signals using panning (pan the git signal to the left and the bass signal right in the master block). Connect the input block to the FX block but leave the FX blocks output unconnected. The FX block will send the direct out to output 2.

Thanks @ChristThePhone ! But what do you mean by FX block? Fx Loop? I'm not sure I got the method, sorry,,,

Back
Top Bottom