Using 2 Matrix NL212s Live

pjrake

Inspired
My new touring rig. Tested it at home (gig volume), will test during practice this weekend, and then I take it out on the road.

After I spend some time with them I'll write a review based on my experience. So far, I'm loving them!!!

8zym.jpg

erq8.jpg

-PJ

Very awesome!! How do you like them vs. other cabs with what speakers? Are you running direct to FOH as well, or micing up the NL 212's?

Sorry for the barrage of questions, just curious. Are you going stereo into the NL212's? Thinking about an NL212 or a port city with a scumback/V30 combo.

Very awesome!! How do you like them vs. other cabs with what speakers? Are you running direct to FOH as well, or micing up the NL 212's?

Sorry for the barrage of questions, just curious. Are you going stereo into the NL212's? Thinking about an NL212 or a port city with a scumback/V30 combo.

Thanks!

Still going direct to FOH. Running the NL212 in stereo.

For years I used a Dual Rectifier with a MESA 412 cab. Always used v30s. Fits our style of music.

Almost got the Port City but couldn't resist the lightweight of these things!

Thanks!

Still going direct to FOH. Running the NL212 in stereo.

For years I used a Dual Rectifier with a MESA 412 cab. Always used v30s. Fits our style of music.

Almost got the Port City but couldn't resist the lightweight of these things!

Sound good in stereo? How does the NL212 compare to the Mesa and Port City (and what cab did you have in the port city?) if the port city sounds fuller, i could handle the extra weight. but if they're close, then I could go with the NL212, as they are priced pretty similarly. Thanks for your feedback! youre the first person I've found that's had the three cabs I've been considering

Sound good in stereo? How does the NL212 compare to the Mesa and Port City (and what cab did you have in the port city?) if the port city sounds fuller, i could handle the extra weight. but if they're close, then I could go with the NL212, as they are priced pretty similarly. Thanks for your feedback! youre the first person I've found that's had the three cabs I've been considering

I never got a chance to try out the Port City actually. Almost bought it, but ended up going with the Matrix. Would love to have tried it. They look amazing and everyone says they sound great! But I couldn't resist going with Matrix; they never let me down!

I prefer them to the MESAs: better dispersion, not ice-picky, and the low end is incredible! Still wanna get a few shows before I write up a review on them.

Stupid Question probably: If you're going direct to FOH, why do you need 2 2x12s?

Mainly for my own monitor onstage. Tried the CLR, but it didn't work for me. Still needed the amp/cab experience onstage and so far this setup has been working for me. Helps me with my feedback too.

Reactions: LVC
Cool, thanks for the replies. Let me know how the setup ends up working out, but I'm thinking about going with an NL212 vs the Port City OS. Haven't really seen many negative reviews about the NL212, albeit, there haven't been a ton of reviews in general.

Looking forward to hear your impression, I'm on the edge of getting 2 of these instead of a Mesa 4x12.

Last edited:
Nice! How'd they hold up at the show?

It was great! The cabs held up, sounded punchy. Had to turn them up a bit after our first song (at soundcheck the levels was fine, but it always gets louder when the show starts). So far so good...

-PJ

Here's a shot of the NL212s onstage, but I'm kinda blocking them LOL

Mark Doyle Photo.jpg

Hopefully more pics (and a video) will soon come.

Wasn't much room onstage, but the cabs were cutting through nicely and sounded really full!

-PJ

It was great! The cabs held up, sounded punchy. Had to turn them up a bit after our first song (at soundcheck the levels was fine, but it always gets louder when the show starts). So far so good...

-PJ

Very cool! Nice photo by the way. How loud did you have to turn up 1-10? How much headroom do you think you still had with your matrix poweramp?

Got mine today- so far seems pretty cool in the bedroom. I love the amp in the room thing... i am so happy to have it back! Will be gigging tonight, but not full band, so we'll see how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom