Using 2 inputs at the same time

Hi,

Can I use the front input and the rear input at the same time? Each input connected to a different guitar so I can change guitars in a live setting without unplugging or having to use a "2 AB pedal". My objective is to change guitar as I see fit, lay one down, pick up the other, role volume up and it's ready to rumble.

Cheers,

yes - no Problem. We play in my band with two guitars at the same time on one Axe II MK II.
You have to use the FX In/Out for the Input II.

I have to look for the original post from Morphosis, the founder of the german forum.

I think Pedro is asking about something else. Or, at least, I think another approach would serve him just as well, if not better, than Hubi's reply.... unless it's important for the OP to use both guitars SIMULTANEOUSLY.

My approach (which I learned from threads on this Forum, and posts and vids by Chris) involves putting a volume block at the far left of the chain, and setting the I/O to "stereo".

Then, you can connect 1 guitar to the front input, and the other guitar to rear Input 1 Right.
When set up correctly, any given preset uses 1 guitar, OR the other. Switching the preset switches which guitar is on.

For more info, look for "Use With Multiple Instruments"
... http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2...ions_and_levels#Use_with_multiple_instruments

Definitely, I used this tutorial.

Thanx King Pawn!
On the video tutorial, he says that there are two LEFT input 1, one on the front and one in the back. Will they work simultaneously?
GT1 -» input 1 (left) Front
Gt2 -» input 1 Back (left) Back
The two guitars will not be used at the same time, only connected to the unit but only one will be played at a time.

Also Tx paulasbell the tutorial as been useful!

Thanx King Pawn!
On the video tutorial, he says that there are two LEFT input 1, one on the front and one in the back. Will they work simultaneously?

No, only one can be active at a time, set with "input 1 left select" parameter.

One simple approach you may want to try is setting input 1 mode to L+R sum, then use the front or rear left input plus rear In 1R. Turn the volume knob down on the unused guitar to avoid unnecessary extra noise. If you use global pitch detection for anything e.g. pitch or ring mod, this will allow it to work on both inputs. Stereo input mode only feeds the pitch detector with the left input channel.

Hey Chris, what model/brand of Guitar are you using to get both a fabulous acoustic tone from your electric. Is it a Godin, Brian More etc?
Thanks for the Tutorial also nickxmix

No, only one can be active at a time, set with "input 1 left select" parameter.

One simple approach you may want to try is setting input 1 mode to L+R sum, then use the front or rear left input plus rear In 1R. Turn the volume knob down on the unused guitar to avoid unnecessary extra noise. If you use global pitch detection for anything e.g. pitch or ring mod, this will allow it to work on both inputs. Stereo input mode only feeds the pitch detector with the left input channel.

Tx Bakerman,

Cheers,

Back
Top Bottom