"Uses Global Block press enter to unliked" : big problem [SOLVED]

gibsonash

Experienced
Hi all , this message occurs in differents patch since i m using 14.02 fw and add TM block in the patch .
- If i press enter on the axe , it freezing and i need to reboot , so it don t work .
- It s often Vol/Pan block or DLY1 or DLY2 who reseting alone ... Sometime i can "unliked" the block with axe edit , sometime (because all parameter of the block changed ) i need to copy the same block from another patch who work . Any way the problem could come back in this patch or not ...
-This problem appear with or without Usb/axe edit or pedalboard (LFP) or not .
-What i tried : reload FW 14.02/Axe edit / Driver / Fractal boot ... On the Axe : Update all presets and Reset system params : nothing change .
Attached (with IR) an exemple of corrupt patch , this time is the vol/pan block who need to be "unliked" to fix the problem .
Something to do with this problem ...? Bug since 14.02 ??
Sent all my patch to a friend of mine ,and he get the same problem in the same way as me .

Attachments

• CH3 PLEXI LP TM (1).syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 2
  • TM-IR TEST.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited by a moderator:
Same here! 3 patches so far. If I try to un-link the effected block, the axe fx crashes?

Sorry for my crappy English , i would mean pity not pita ...
Sometime , in live situation , when i switch to another pach which work before , there is no volume because the vol/pan block turned vol to 0 itself ...
Why would you be doing this in a live situation?

It happened at my last gig. I selected a patch, and it sounded way off. So we passed on that tune and carried on with that set. At out break, I checked out that patch. All of the knobs in the cab block were counter-clockwise? And it was linked to a global block? When I tried to un-link it the axe fx crashed. Had the same thing happen with the synth block too

BTW, I have never used global blocks?

Yes , cab block , or vol/pan or dly block get crazy and no way in live situation to manage that ... i m affraid because i have a lot of gigs soon ...

It happened at my last gig. I selected a patch, and it sounded way off. So we passed on that tune and carried on with that set. At out break, I checked out that patch. All of the knobs in the cab block were counter-clockwise? And it was linked to a global block? When I tried to un-link it the axe fx crashed. Had the same thing happen with the synth block too

BTW, I have never used global blocks?

My guess is that something's not right in the system data area.

I would clean up the unit by first backing up the presets ( with linked AND unlinked global blocks). Then delete everything on the hardware (presets, user cabs, system data). See:
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-discussion/77576-wicked-wiki-16-virgin-axe-fx-ii.html

Then restore the presets and upload the user cabs.
I would not "restore" system data. Dial in the global blocks manually or use the method described in the link.

Thanks yek ! I ll do that if the new FW (Cliff say this will be fixed the problem) don t come in time for me .

My guess is that something's not right in the system data area.

I would clean up the unit by first backing up the presets ( with linked AND unlinked global blocks). Then delete everything on the hardware (presets, user cabs, system data). See:
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-discussion/77576-wicked-wiki-16-virgin-axe-fx-ii.html

Then restore the presets and upload the user cabs.
I would not "restore" system data. Dial in the global blocks manually or use the method described in the link.

Sorry for my crappy English , i would mean pity not pita ...
Sometime , in live situation , when i switch to another pach which work before , there is no volume because the vol/pan block turned vol to 0 itself ...

Yes, I had this on our last fly dates with my band Dare in Spain last month. Not great having a silent preset when you start the song. Had to keep flicking up and down presets on the MFC to get my sound back.
Didn't take the Axefx to my latest fly gig at the Frontiers Festival in Milan this week. For that set, it was no problem to just plug into the Mesa's they had onstage as my new band Three Lions is more straight ahead rock n roll. Could have done with all the harmonies on the solos though :-(
Got a week or so to try and troubleshoot this before my next dates in Ireland with Dare.

Curious , not so many people seems to get this bug ... Do you have a TM block in your patchs ? All my patch get TM block and i wonder if it s not the problem .

Yes, I had this on our last fly dates with my band Dare in Spain last month. Not great having a silent preset when you start the song. Had to keep flicking up and down presets on the MFC to get my sound back.
Didn't take the Axefx to my latest fly gig at the Frontiers Festival in Milan this week. For that set, it was no problem to just plug into the Mesa's they had onstage as my new band Three Lions is more straight ahead rock n roll. Could have done with all the harmonies on the solos though :-(
Got a week or so to try and troubleshoot this before my next dates in Ireland with Dare.

Happened again this past weekend at a Cancer fund raiser. A volume block this time. 1..2..3..4..nothing!......:-(

I hope the next update really fixes this.. :)

This will be fixed for next firmware release.

Well sort of? It doesn't crash when unlinking now, but the original issue of random blocks linking to global slots and all parameters turning completely counter-clockwise is still there? Happened to a patch after updating to 15 beta.

It happened again last night, volume block this time. Everything is the latest firmware Except for the drivers. Old computer on Windows XP, Wouldn't work at all with a new driver? Only happens when using Axe-Edit?

Back
Top Bottom