User renaming?

Wolfenstein98k

Power User
As above, and I'm sure I know the answer, but...

Is there any way that users could rename the amp models? I don't have much time to jam, and I'm forever forgetting which amp is which... and Marshall models aren't all in one section.

I have the same problem. The presets and amps can be confusing, so i'm thinking about finding that page in Fractal-Wiki and getting it embossed, and keeping it handy.

Find the sound you like not the modeled after sound name. who cares what the name is the audience cant see it only hear it.

Find the sound you like not the modeled after sound name. who cares what the name is the audience cant see it only hear it.

Yes that's very nice, but I don't gig at the moment. I also don't have time to scroll through 170 amps (or however many there is now) when I jam to find what works, before even beginning to twiddle knobs. I'm not asking for a list to hand out to audience members so they can appreciate the level of detail in modelling the capacitors of each amp, I am just asking about the possibility of being able to tell what's what from a glance, myself. :)

I should add, the basis of this comes from the ability to rename User Cabs as we see fit. This is great as I can catalogue things how I'd like. Continuing on that theme, even if you couldn't renumber / move around the default Cabs and more importantly Amps, being ability to change the text would still be incredibly handy.

There is a legal need for the obfuscatory and tongue-in-cheek sideways nameology for the modeled things in the Axe-FX and other products as well.

There is a legal need for the obfuscatory and tongue-in-cheek sideways nameology for the modeled things in the Axe-FX and other products as well.

Yes, there is. However, there's nothing that legally stops me from buying a Toyota Prius and attaching a perfect Lamborghini badge and "Aventador" model name on the back as long as I didn't try to sell it as a real Aventador.

So yeah I'd also love the ability to rename all the amp models myself, and of course Fractal would not be legally liable, but there might be other reasons that we can't rename them, like limited memory allocation or because every amp maker would probably come down pretty hard on the idea, or who knows what else.

Yes, there is. However, there's nothing that legally stops me from buying a Toyota Prius and attaching a perfect Lamborghini badge and "Aventador" model name on the back as long as I didn't try to sell it as a real Aventador.

there may be more to it than just that i'm guessing.

I know, that's why I'm asking for the ability for users to rename as they see fit, rather than for Cliff to break any copyright laws.

GreatGreen handles the question pretty well (thanks dude).

Fender, Mesa, Marshall? They have large legal departments that protect their branding. I wouldn't want to skate a technicality with any of them.

I've noticed some amps have their real name on the model, for instance the Friedman amps. Does anyone know a reason for this? Is Friedman fine with people using their name in modelers, or is it just not copyrighted?

Just something I thought was peculiar when I scrolled through the amp models list the first time

I've noticed some amps have their real name on the model, for instance the Friedman amps. Does anyone know a reason for this? Is Friedman fine with people using their name in modelers, or is it just not copyrighted?

Some manufacturers probably gave permission. Fryette, Carol-Ann, Friedman...

Back
Top Bottom