FC User Layouts: What do you use?

PumpkinKing86

Experienced
So how's everyone setting up their own layouts? Just got my FC-12 today and started configuring what I think will be my main layout. Seems to work great so far.

1) Scene 1 (Scene 5 hold)
2) Scene 2 (Scene 6 hold)
3) Scene 3 (Scene 7 hold)
4) Scene 4 (Scene 8 hold)
5) Tap Tempo (Looper layout hold)
6) Preset -1 (-10 hold)
7) Drive 1 (Effects layout hold)
8) Delay 1 (Channels layout hold)
9) Chorus 1 (Scenes layout hold)
10) Rotary 1 (Presets layout hold)
11) Tuner (Reveal hold)
12) Preset +1 (+10 hold)

Last edited:
You could easily set up a toggle for scenes. For my primary presets, scenes 1 - 4 are clean, crunch, rhythm, and lead. Scenes 5 - 8 are the same thing but with different effects engaged.

So how's everyone setting up their own layouts? Just got my FC-12 today and started configuring what I think will be my main layout. Seems to work great so far.

1) Scene 1 (Scene 5 hold)
2) Scene 2 (Scene 6 hold)
3) Scene 3 (Scene 7 hold)
4) Scene 4 (Scene 8 hold)
5) Tap Tempo (Looper layout hold)
6) Preset -1
7) Drive 1 (Effects layout hold)
8) Delay 1 (Channels layout hold)
9) Chorus 1 (Scenes layout hold)
10) Rotary 1 (Presets layout hold)
11) Tuner (Reveal hold)
12) Preset +1
put Preset +1 on the bottom row for easier access, assuming you go Up more than you go down.

Just got done editing my FC12 layouts. I absolutely love the per-preset placeholders since you don't end up with text on unused switches!

Here's what I ended up with:
Layout 1 (presets): Set the bank size to 8, and moved the bank +/- to the left side.
Layout 2 (scenes): Got rid of preset +/-, moved the scenes one space right.
Layout 3 and 4 (effects): Two pages of effect IAs. Switch 7 toggles between them.
Layout 7 (perform): The center 8 switches are per preset placeholders. Switch 7 toggles between layouts 7 and 8.
Layout 8 (more): Copy of layout 7 except that the top row of per preset place holders is 9-12 instead of 5-8.

Switches 1 and 6 are navigation:
Tapping switch 1 toggles between perform and effects.
Holding switch 1 toggles between scenes and effects.
Tapping switch 6 toggles between perform and presets.
Holding switch 6 toggles between scenes and presets.

Switch 12 is tap/tuner in all layouts except effects.

This fits the way I think perfectly. Most of the time, I stay in perform and preset. I only go to the scene and effect pages to control presets where I haven't set up per preset switches for myself. The FC12 rocks!

edit #2: Updated my post to what I'm currently using 'cause I'm really happy with it and wanted to share. :D

Last edited:
I am using the Presets and Scenes stock. I customized the Effects, and Looper layouts to suit me. I am experimenting with customizing the Perform 2 Layout at the moment. Once I select the preset I want I am using the Scenes, Effects, or Looper layouts the most at present. I've only had the FC-12 since Wed so I am still discovering what it can do and the best way to customize it for myself.

I had more time to refine my layouts today. One layout I'm working on is primarily for amp tweaking. I made that by attaching modifiers to the six CS switches with each latching on/off for boost, saturation, cut, fat, bright, and GEQ in the amp block.

I still haven't dove into the Per Preset stuff yet though. As it is, I am super happy with the layouts I've cutomized for myself. I'm able to get to the things I need quickly and in a way that makes sense to my feet.

Layout 6 - Per-preset with overrides - is simply the grail.
Design inspiration:
latest

Back
Top Bottom