User IRs to Cab-Lab format

Jop vS

Hi,

I've captured some user IR's with my XL+ in the past, which I want to mix now using Cab Lab.

I only bought Cab Lab for the purpose of mixing my own IR's, but apparently I should have done something differently at the time of the IR capture. I saved them to the user cab slots on the axe and not to file, so I don't have a .IR file to open with Cab Lab. If I export the cabs from the Axe FX I only get .syx files which are not supported.

Is there a work around for this? If someone knows how to convert to .IR or .WAV I'd love to know how. Searched online for quite some time, but I didn't find a solution yet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Jop

These are not ultra resolution? There is a converter existing to get them to .wav format, but it's not working with ultrares.

Yeah, so they’re UltraRes. Is there any way to convert these to a format that will be accepted by cab lab? I had no idea this would be an issue when I made them.

Yeah, so they’re UltraRes. Is there any way to convert these to a format that will be accepted by cab lab? I had no idea this would be an issue when I made them.

From what I understand, the UltraRes format isn't convertible.

I have found a way to shoot IRs of IRs using the IR tool in presonus studio one. These are prefect. I had checked that verifying the original IRs with the shoots I made from the user cabs in the Axe FX II.
So at least you could make IRs of your IRs to get rid if the ultrares format.

Alright, thanks for the replies. Presonus would be an option, I'd have to buy the software though.

I bought cab lab for the sole purpose of combining an IR I shot with a ToneMatch block. Together (in series) they make the perfect cab sound for me. I guess I should have researched better in advance, but I assumed the IR's I made with an axe fx could be edited in Fractals own IR editing software.

Back
Top Bottom