'User-friendly' Delay Spillover (global on/off)

Would you like to see the current delay spillover implementation improved upon?

• Total voters
One thing I miss about the G-Major is that it handled delay/reverb spillover in a way more user-friendly manner.

Instead of the current method for delay spillover of configuring a delay for every preset to enable a spillover, it would be nice to just have a global spillover setting (on or off).

I'm not sure what limitations currently prevent the Axe from doing this. The TC G-Major handles spillover globally, and I can't think of any limitations to functioning like this (I'd say most people either want spillover always on, or always off). The current configuration means of delay spillover, while it works, is not user-friendly. It's kind of a pain to add a delay block to a preset that doesn't actually use delay just to get spillover to function...

And maybe it doesn't have to be global--a per-preset setting (delay spillover on/off) that would control if the delay from the previous block to spillover into this block when changing into it would also be an improvement on the current implementation.

I just voted 'yes' for this and would really like it to be so.
But after reading that thread that javajunky posted I think I understand why it will never be so.

The AFX is considerably more complex than the G-Major.
Within the G-Major there must be a dedicated 2nd instance of a delay effect that the user has no access to in order for its delay spillover feature to be so universally seamless from preset to preset.
The G-Major has much more limited options thatn the AFX as far as any other tricks it can do with delay muting routines.

So, I think with the AFX we're just gonna be stuck with this extra bit of programming where we need to have a Delay Block present in each preset we want spillover to be operative on as we change between those presets.

Also...
I've never had to set the Delay Block Input Level to 0 on the preset being switched to.
All my presets have the same Delay Block, set identically in each preset.
But some of my presets have the Delay Block active and some have the Delay Block bypassed.
And spillover works fine for me when switching from presets that have active echo to presets that have bypassed echo.
Be sure to have the Delay Block Bypass parameter, on *all* the Delay Blocks, set to 'Mute FX In' for this to work.

Back
Top Bottom