User Experience Requested - Who Has Experimented With FC-6 & 12?

Warrior

Power User
I am on the waitlist and have decided I want an FC-12. I want to be able to plan presets for certain sounds and/or songs but I also want flexibility for improv.

I want to use scenes and channels but I also want blocks easily available & I also don't want to do much tap dancing to get to things.

That being said, the smaller footprint of the FC-6 has always been appealing and the potential for getting an FC-6 sooner is very tempting.

Curious if anyone has had a chance to use both controllers and who may be of the same mindset I mentioned above?

If so, what's your observations based on how you want/wish it to function and not on how it works better for you for travel or smaller stages, etc. Pure functionality.

I would love to have the small size of the 6 - I could see it being perfect for band situations where you have a fixed songlist and a known songs/setlist/order of things so it can all be planned out with your presets. OR if you are the type of guy who never needs more than a couple buttons anyway. Did you have a pedalboard with tuner, drive, mod, and verb? Pfft. 6 is great. ;)

At this point I went with the 12 because I play in three or four different band situations - sometimes jam stuff, sometimes cover tunes, etc. I like to have more options at my feet!

Yes, i have used both and YES I know there is creative planning and layouts that can get the most of the 6, but as a lazy guy and someone who is already suffering from "overchoice" or option paralysis I think the 12 is best for me.

I mean, seriously.....nearly every amp sounds great and I can't decide what to use for an event tomorrow! GAAAH. 1st world problems here. Why not use them all! /s

I would love to have the small size of the 6 - I could see it being perfect for band situations where you have a fixed songlist and a known songs/setlist/order of things so it can all be planned out with your presets. OR if you are the type of guy who never needs more than a couple buttons anyway. Did you have a pedalboard with tuner, drive, mod, and verb? Pfft. 6 is great. ;)

At this point I went with the 12 because I play in three or four different band situations - sometimes jam stuff, sometimes cover tunes, etc. I like to have more options at my feet!

Yes, i have used both and YES I know there is creative planning and layouts that can get the most of the 6, but as a lazy guy and someone who is already suffering from "overchoice" or option paralysis I think the 12 is best for me.

I mean, seriously.....nearly every amp sounds great and I can't decide what to use for an event tomorrow! GAAAH. 1st world problems here. Why not use them all! /s

My thoughts as well.

Rather foolishly, perhaps (and having used neither), I'm seriously contemplating getting two FC6's.
I have only had my FC6 a few hours now, but I can already see the benefits of having 2 of them, other than having to separately power one of them. Two independent layouts at once or a pseudo fc12 ..seems infinitely flexible...

I have only had my FC6 a few hours now, but I can already see the benefits of having 2 of them, other than having to separately power one of them. Two independent layouts at once or a pseudo fc12 ..seems infinitely flexible...

I really haven’t given much thought to the 2 - FC6 scenario. I have an FC6 on the way. First I wanted a 6 , then a 12 , then ; after watching a few videos , a 6 again. I plan to use my III in the studio , so I don’t believe I should need a 12 , despite the ease of use it would offer.

2 - FC6’s........ hmm.

Experimented with? I mean I tried it, but I did not inhale...

LOL anyways I just got my FC6 last night before a rehearsal filling in with a Foo Fighters Tribute band. Didn't have any time to set it up properly, but plugged it in alongside my FCB1010 for kicks. I'm still on the list for the 12, but I pulled the trigger on the email saying they had 6's in stock. Since I do a lot of fill in work I'm probably going to get the 12 when my name comes up. Really helps when I don't have time to dial in individual song presets. I've watched many videos about the 6's flexibility, and if I only were playing in my own bands, it would be just enough and save some space. Not knowing when my 12 will arrive gives me plenty of time to see how far I can utilize the 6 based on my needs. Having the 12 on my side of the stage and the 6 on the other would be cool for bigger venues, as to not have to rush back for a change.

I got my FC-6 in today! So far, I have no complaints. Originally I was going to get the 6 and 12, then after seeing some vids, decided just the 12. Alas, the delays continued for the 12 and when I got my invite for the 6 I decided what the heck, let's at least try it. I'll know for sure after my next gig, but I'm 99% positive that the 6 will work for all my currently needed applications. Programming it to do what I need was really easy, and switching layouts is even easier. I think the only reason I would go back and get a 12 would be if I start playing in multiple bands again with very dynamic sets. All in all, I'm thankful for the smaller footprint, the ease of use, and the flexibility of the tool. The only downside for me is I now need to buy a new board/case as I can't stand all the empty space on my current one! Lol

Back
Top Bottom