User Comments, Recommendations, Pros and Cons

I'm having a hard time following you, but you seem to be asking "can I copy and paste a channel?". The answer is "Yes". Simply copy the channel from the Channel menu in Axe-Edit in one preset, go to another preset and select the same kind of block and select a channel, and "paste clipboard to current channel".

Edit: Or maybe you're asking if you can save only the channel to the library? Yes, choose "save only current channel" when you save as... to the library and it will show up in the library as a channel, not a block.

There is no Axe-Edit manual.

Last edited:
...so to summarize, this is what I've figured out. Please correct me if I'm wrong:

When we save blocks from a preset into our library, we cannot paste any channels from those blocks directly into new blocks. So we must first right click an empty block, select 'library' and then choose the block we want to populate it. Next, we go into that block and select the channel we want and copy it to the clipboard. Finally we can go to the old, original block that functioning within the grid, find an extra channel there and paste from the clipboard to that channel.

Alternatively, I could just disable the original block and route through the new one, but that has the disadvantage of using a lot more resources, as well as leaving a lot of extra crap in unused channels.

Do I have this right?
That is correct. You cannot COPY from a block that is merely in the library; you must first place it on the grid.

The thing you're missing through, seems to be that you do not need to use the clipboard AT ALL.

if you save your blocks in the library using the latest SINGLE CHANNEL block format (instead of the older ALL CHANNELS format) you can recall them directly into a grid block of the same type, OR you can recall them directly to any empty grid location.

Welcome! I read Speed Mechanics For Lead Guitar cover-to-cover in high school and it left a huge mark on my playing - thank you! That book and Ted Greene's "Chord Chemistry" are my two most consistent recommendations to students.

I'm super stoked to hear you're releasing Vol. 2! 😎

Welcome! I read Speed Mechanics For Lead Guitar cover-to-cover in high school and it left a huge mark on my playing - thank you! That book and Ted Greene's "Chord Chemistry" are my two most consistent recommendations to students.

I'm super stoked to hear you're releasing Vol. 2! 😎
Cool! thank you... I remember that Chord Chemistry book, too. That's was an important one

Back
Top Bottom