User Cabs

rnjscooter

Experienced
Again thanks for dealing with my stupid questions. I have read up and watched videos, but I still don't know what the empty user cabs are for. Can I take a cab, any cab from the list and make it a user cab, thereby basically creating my own favorites collection? Can I do it with amps as well?

When I have a cab selected and it gives me all, factory, user and scratchpad, I really don't know what I am doing at that point

Sorry in advance for the cluelessness. If you don't want to explain it maybe you direct me to a link?

mj

Fractal and other 3rd parties have made additional cabs than those already in the axe. The user cab locations are where you would load these. Some are free and some you pay for.

Sent from Moto X

so you can download cab packs or make your own or convert tone matches into ir so it can be used in other patches.

You can create your own user cabs, also called irs (impulse responses). But you would need to follow the tutorials on how to to this. Most times the cab packs include different mic and/or mic positions. Some of these cabs are already factory cabs already in the axe so you get more options of existing cabs. Other cabs pack are of different speakers or cabinets not included in the axe.

Sent from Moto X

Thank you Moto x. So there is no way to manage amps or cabs that are currently in the axe, correct?

Correct. The factory cabs stay in their slots and you cannot move them. You can load IRs into the user slots only.

So there is no way to manage amps or cabs that are currently in the axe, correct?

One thing you can do with factory cabs is save a factory cab as a global block. This can be useful if, for instance, you find a combination of 2 cabs that work well for you in most cases (ie. a stereo cab block with 2 specific cabs/settings). You can save this cab block configuration in your global blocks and have it accessible from any preset. Any changes made to the global cab block will be reflected in all presets using that cab block. Different from the user cab slots, but since you mentioned factory cabs and "favorites" thought it might be helpful.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom