User Amp Models

VanHalen

Inspired
One of the things I've been working on is "User Amp Models". A computer utility allows you to enter the various parameters and then you download the amp model to a "User Amp Slot".

I am particularly interested in this and I think a lot of people will be too. I have several questions :

1/ Will this "computer utility" be integrated to Axe Edit or will it be a standalone program ?

2/ What kind of possibilities will users have ?
-Possibility to build an amp block with a preamp chosen from the list of all modelised heads in the Axe Fx II + a power amp chosen from the same list ? For instance, will users have the possibility to build an amp block with a Mesa Boogie Mark IIC+ preamp with a Marshall power amp ?
-Possibility to build a power amp alone ? A preamp alone ?
-Possibility to have an effect loop between preamp and power amp sections ?
-Other possibilities ?

3/ Will this be available for all Axe FX II or XL only ?

4/ Will this be available for FW 16 ?

Thank you very much.

Last edited:
Sounds pretty awesome

I'd honestly be willing to pay a reasonable cost for the ability to do this, especially if it lets me combine various amp circuits together, such as adding an extra gain stage from a 12ay7 to a Bassman and things like that

I believe Cliff already talked about such user-defined amps a long time ago. If I remember it well, the main difficulty was how to provide a good and simple enough GUI to allow the user to edit the various components.
This is probably what Fractal Audio already does with the help of MIMIC and Co when they add new amp models. Of course since they really know what they are doing they dont need a friendly shinny application. They just feed the box with their in-house data format :D

Last edited:
This will make the axe even more unique, I have the Bias app on my iPad and is really fun to play with all the stuff you can mess around with, of course is a very simple and straight forward app. Hope if Fractal realeases something in the like they make it friendly for non tech people :mrgreen

This would be an incredible addition to the capabilities of the Axe. This could open up so many possibilities that are only hinted at by being able to do things like changing tone stacks...

gpz;1062457... Fractal Audio already ... just feed the box with their in-house data format :D[/QUOTE said:
Yes. They see any amp in Matrix-like form... a bunch of frequency that sweep up and down in non linear fashion... ;)

I believe Cliff already talked about such user-defined amps a long time ago. If I remember it well, the main difficulty was how to provide a good and simple enough GUI to allow the user to edit the various components.

Can you find the thread dealing with this ? Thanks.

This is probably what Fractal Audio already does with the help of MIMIC and Co when they add new amp models. Of course since they really know what they are doing they dont need a friendly shinny application. They just feed the box with their in-house data format :D

The BIAS interface is really intuitive.
Revalver 4 is supposed have this feature as well. It looks like it is going for a more schematic approach to it though.

Would be nice if it had 2 modes, one for simple changes (like a Bias type interface from what I understand, although I've never used it) and one for advanced like the schematic approach in Revalver.

The BIAS interface is really intuitive.
Revalver 4 is supposed have this feature as well. It looks like it is going for a more schematic approach to it though.

Although things do filter through from time to time I generally don't keep up with the latest music tech. I haven't since I bought my first AFX back in 08-09 (?). Revalver4 just blind sided me. I have no clue how good/bad the modeling is and don't care but the fact that it offered some sort of schematic approach to modding an amp or allowed that type of editing at all just caught me off guard. Wow. I guess I need to pull my head out of the sand more frequently.

I am particularly interested in this and I think a lot of people will be too. I have several questions :

1/ Will this "computer utility" be integrated to Axe Edit or will it be a standalone program ?

2/ What kind of possibilities will users have ?
-Possibility to build an amp block with a preamp chosen from the list of all modelised heads in the Axe Fx II + a power amp chosen from the same list ? For instance, will users have the possibility to build an amp block with a Mesa Boogie Mark IIC+ preamp with a Marshall power amp ?
-Possibility to build a power amp alone ? A preamp alone ?
-Possibility to have an effect loop between preamp and power amp sections ?
-Other possibilities ?

3/ Will this be available for all Axe FX II or XL only ?

4/ Will this be available for FW 16 ?

Thank you very much.

Do you actually expect these questions to be answered, or are you just being rhetorical for the purposes of stimulating discussion?

Back
Top Bottom