Useless observation of the day

That's epic. We found a living being that loves cantaloupe. :)

Ever notice NOTHING is cantaloupe flavored? I mean there's watermelon, strawberry, banana, grape, peach, ECT...the list goes on and on.... absolutely no love for anything cantaloupe flavored
It tastes fine, but in addition to the outer skin you're left with the seedy grub inside, and it draws in fruit flies like a mofo. So I tend to stay away from it. Sadly its about the only melon variety you can get around here in the winter time.

I love cantaloupe. And what's the hassle with cutting? Slice it in half, remove the seeds, and eat! ;-)

Watermelon? Good but too much hassle with all the seeds everywhere. Somebody should've told it to just keep em all in the middle like a cantaloupe...

I love cantaloupe. And what's the hassle with cutting? Slice it in half, remove the seeds, and eat! ;-)

Watermelon? Good but too much hassle with all the seeds everywhere. Somebody should've told it to just keep em all in the middle like a cantaloupe...
Seedless watermelon is great!

Watermelon has so much potential, but I swear it's just gotten more watery and less flavorful throughout the years. I like the really sweet gritty ones that you feel the texture.

However cantaloupe isn't much better, sometimes it's right and sometimes it's hard and dull.

God when did I become such a fruit snob, I blame this thread!

Guess I'll keep it going, since it's all about melons now...
I've too noticed much more water and less melon, lack of that sweet taste I remember as a kid. But one thing that I love about summer (I hate heat, so I don't like summer) is the roadside produce stands. They have good fruit & vegetables. But in winter, limited to store-bought produce, it generally sucks.

Aptly named.

top_water_content_fruit.jpg

Back
Top Bottom