Used Mk I (w/ a return window) + fan hum

It might had been less noisy in the gigging rack actually. My unit was okay as long it was in a wodden rack. It seems the vibrations got eaten up by the wood construction and the rubber feet.
Then I took a plastic rack and the noise got very noticeable. It's not about the air stream, it's about vibrations.
I bet it was the plastic rack being thinner, lighter, and more prone to resonances. The wood is likely a lot stiffer and heavier, so it does not sympathetically hum along....

Yeah, any preset I am on its running/humming. It's on at boot and stays constant throughout. I just realized I have some credit card rewards I can use on PayPal, so I think I'm going to make the upgrade to the Mk 2. Maneuvering. :)
Gotta love the Mk. 2. Tons of extra preset room, and give up NOTHING to get the bennies of FW17 and any other new goodies that use the extra storage space it has over the Mk. 1. Oh, and that logo you can adjust to suit your needs, instead of being stuck with a constant BLUE GLARE in the corner of your eye.... :)

Gotta love the Mk. 2. Tons of extra preset room, and give up NOTHING to get the bennies of FW17 and any other new goodies that use the extra storage space it has over the Mk. 1. Oh, and that logo you can adjust to suit your needs, instead of being stuck with a constant BLUE GLARE in the corner of your eye.... :)
I’m pretty excited - and it looks like you had a nice haul today too!!

I’m pretty excited - and it looks like you had a nice haul today too!!
Yes siree, Bob. One more box from Sweetwater is coming, and hopefully that will be it for a long while other than maybe a couple bits and bobs needed to assemble the pieces I've already got. I snagged a demo 17" Temple Board in vintage white, which will be used for my green FC6 in the new FM9/FX3/FC6 setup, after the FM9 returns from CEBA with a matching green wrap and screen protectors (which he will be able to offer to others after measuring my unit). :) I think I have all the required cords and hardware bits to assemble the boards and connect bits together, but the proof is in the finished assembly, innit? :D

Back
Top Bottom