Used Axe FX prices rant

Tahoebrian5

Fractal Fanatic
It is crazy how much people want for a used AXE FX. I offered $1900 or a used XL on Reverb and got denied. It just doesn't make sense. For $2250 plus tax you can buy brand new with warranty. Who is buying these things for that much!

supply and demand.. that's not bad.. try evilbay pricing sometime.. many of those prices are ABOVE initial purchase due to demand for the units.. and people PAY them, many are overseas.. ker-ray-zey !

Doesn't hurt my feelings knowing if I ever did sell (which ain't gonna' happen) I could recoup most of my money.

It is crazy how much people want for a used AXE FX. I offered $1900 or a used XL on Reverb and got denied. It just doesn't make sense. For $2250 plus tax you can buy brand new with warranty. Who is buying these things for that much!

People who live outside of USA/Canada. They pay way more than those of us who can purchase directly from Fractal...

Look at the AnalogMan King of Tone, which goes for insane prices if you don't want to wait for it. Good stuff has good resale value.

I am slowly coming to the opinion that the AFXll will be seen as a 'Classic' piece of gear in years to come. It sounds nuts but the DSP's used are no longer available, the unit is made in relatively small numbers, it's been used by most 'big' guitar names at one time or another (even if they won't admit to it), it's relatively expensive new. Future AFX units are likely to have lesser capabilities (though the same sound) for reasons of simplicity, cost, parts availability etc.

There are plenty of digital units in the recording world that have achieved mythical status and are sought after long after they could be considered 'obsolete'.

I'll sell you my vintage Axe-Fx II Mark I for $2300+Shipping+PayPal Fees. It even comes with the vintage backup eprom! ;)

They hold their value, be happy.

Right. Look as Mesa Boogie's gear. It seems expensive, but if you buy a piece of that and use it for couple years then sell it, it's like you rented it for $10/mo for all it will have cost you. Maybe less than that.

When AFX 3 hits the shelves the xl prices will definitely come down, due to supply and demand reasons... mostly just oversupply reasons.. because the fanboys will jump over immediately. At that point people will be using axe-fx standard units as opulent doorstops.

Back
Top Bottom