Used Axe-Fx III warranty in UK?

Doctor Wu

Inspired
Hello all

I'm thinking about buying a second hand FX 3, it's only a few months old and I'd like some idea of where I stand if there's a (warranty relevant) problem with the unit.
I live in the UK and am wondering if I'll be able re-register it to transfer the warranty.

Also, is there official servicing available anywhere in the UK?

Thanks

If it is originally bought from G66 the 3 years warranty will follow the unit.
If bought anywhere ells, there is no warranty.

If it is originally bought from G66 the 3 years warranty will follow the unit.
If bought anywhere ells, there is no warranty.

FAS has some warranty tho...
"Fractal Audio Systems warrants that your new Fractal Audio Systems product shall be free of defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the original date of purchase. "

But for us lucky europeans, G66 is just the place to get your gear from :)

Reactions: Ole
FAS has some warranty tho...
"Fractal Audio Systems warrants that your new Fractal Audio Systems product shall be free of defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the original date of purchase. "
That warranty is not transferable & only applies to the original owner.

Well, I missed out on the second hand unit, so I bought a new one from g66. :grinning:
the lady I spoke to assured me that no matter what happens brexit wise the guarantee is safe. unfortunately I missed today's dispatch time so I probably won't get it now until Monday. Gives me some time to do a bit of online learning before it arrives. :cool:

I can tell you all that the G66 service for Europe is top notch - professional, friendly and very quick. My own experience. I had bought an AX8 new from them which had a very very minor cosmetic flaw. Talked to Jacques about it and immediately received a new unit, before I even sent the first one back. No questions asked.

I wish all businesses in Germany had the same level of attention towards their customers !

Cheers, Todde

ps. My FC-6 will be arriving this week !! Yeah ... :cool:

Well, I missed out on the second hand unit, so I bought a new one from g66. :grinning:
the lady I spoke to assured me that no matter what happens brexit wise the guarantee is safe. unfortunately I missed today's dispatch time so I probably won't get it now until Monday. Gives me some time to do a bit of online learning before it arrives. :cool:
Welcome to the club. You probably already know about these, but just in case, do check out the tutorial vids by @chris , @2112 (Leon Todd) and
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/members/ccroyalsenders.13617/ (if you want to spend a few more pounds for a pro tutorial)
Nice Forum name, BTW....I’m atttending the Steely Dan show in the Chicago area in a couple weeks...my first without Walter (couldn’t bring myself to go last year, too soon...:()

I can tell you all that the G66 service for Europe is top notch - professional, friendly and very quick. My own experience. I had bought an AX8 new from them which had a very very minor cosmetic flaw. Talked to Jacques about it and immediately received a new unit, before I even sent the first one back. No questions asked.

I wish all businesses in Germany had the same level of attention towards their customers !

Cheers, Todde

ps. My FC-6 will be arriving this week !! Yeah ... :cool:

They do seem like an excellent company and your experience is very reassuring, thanks. Their no quibble 30 day free trial is amazing. If you don't like it, no matter the reason, they'll pick it up from you and give a full refund straight away. What's to loose?

FC-6 ay, mmm nice. Happy tap-dancing! :cool:

Welcome to the club.
Nice Forum name, BTW....I’m atttending the Steely Dan show in the Chicago area in a couple weeks...my first without Walter (couldn’t bring myself to go last year, too soon...:()

Thanks bradlake. I'm presuming you're in the US? If so, I'm envious that you hail from the same continent as the Dan. I've seen them twice here in the UK, just awesome. Can't imagine them without Walter. So sad, but what a legacy.

Thanks bradlake. I'm presuming you're in the US? If so, I'm envious that you hail from the same continent as the Dan. I've seen them twice here in the UK, just awesome. Can't imagine them without Walter. So sad, but what a legacy.
Yes, Doc, I’m blessed to spend most of my time in a metropolitan area (Chicago ) that is hard to beat for live music , especially in summer, and the Dan have favored a legendary venue that is walking distance from my family neighborhood, almost yearly , since they revived themselves as a live entity at the turn of the century...(www.ravinia.org)..saw them a bunch, and my only non -Fractal amp is a Guytron that I bought after seeing Jon Herrington tour with it...I got pretty close one year.....(that’s my fat head)...99AAF570-E55B-4EB2-8B08-BAB2B059FE1C.jpeg

LOL Looks like you're having a great time there. Nice pic, thanks. Is there a Guytron in the FX-III? If not, did you try tone matching it?

LOL Looks like you're having a great time there. Nice pic, thanks. Is there a Guytron in the FX-III? If not, did you try tone matching it?
no, Ive offered it up to FAS for modeling , but nothing yet.....I haven't yet tried to tone match it , but there are several amps in the III that can cop very similar tone/feel (the Captain Hook comes to mind..) I also believe that the current Guytron owner may be a bit sensitive about Intellectual Property that its unique gain/ built-in -attenuation structure has

no, Ive offered it up to FAS for modeling , but nothing yet.....I haven't yet tried to tone match it , but there are several amps in the III that can cop very similar tone/feel (the Captain Hook comes to mind..) I also believe that the current Guytron owner may be a bit sensitive about Intellectual Property that its unique gain/ built-in -attenuation structure has

That's very interesting, I didn't realise that such a thing could be subject to copyright law.

Back
Top Bottom