Use Your Illusion cab ir

Jacob Stark

What's up Fractal Forum!

I've been testing and messing around a bit regarding a cabinet ir for Slash tones. Unfortunately am I not an Axe Fx user (yet ;)) and have been struggling to get a good Slash tone without the Axe Fx's magic. I made an ir today and I would like to share it here for some feedback, and I would be very grateful if someone could post a Slash inspired tone from the Axe Fx with the ir that I created. Here is a clip of me demoing it and please ignore my mistakes here and there because I haven't played in a while and I am a bit rusty at the moment. If you have any questions, just post them and I'll do my best to answer them. Best regards Jacob.

Here is the video:

Attachments

• Use Your Illusion Jacob.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 51
O.K., so let me start by saying I am SO not a Slash tone aficionado .... I appreciate his tone, I've just never chased after it !

Anyway ..., I compared this to @2112 's LT TVMix 7 ( which is my typical go-to for Marshalls ) and it compares very nicely !

Can you tell us what type of speaker you shot ? And what cabinet it was in ? That would help users fine tune the speaker impedance curve !

Also ..., nice job playing in your demo of the tone !

O.K., so let me start by saying I am SO not a Slash tone aficionado .... I appreciate his tone, I've just never chased after it !

Anyway ..., I compared this to @2112 's LT TVMix 7 ( which is my typical go-to for Marshalls ) and it compares very nicely !

Can you tell us what type of speaker you shot ? And what cabinet it was in ? That would help users fine tune the speaker impedance curve !

Also ..., nice job playing in your demo of the tone !
Thank you so much! Ok, so I used a Marshall 4x12 1960B loaded with V30 speakers instead of the regular G12T75. What impedance are I'm not sure of in the axe fx, as I don't own one. Hopefully this helps with something :)

Back
Top Bottom