Implemented Use Output 2 to play Windows audio

LordGold3

As far as I know this can be done on a Mac without any problems.

I would love to be able to route the USB audio running from windows (not from the DAW) to output 2 of the Axe FX 3.

It can be done within a DAW easily but not when just playing music straight from windows player or iTunes or anything.

If anyone knows a workaround to this please let me know and Ill delete this post.

I haven't found any way to do this on Windows except to use an app which allows you to select outputs. For many, this rules out Pandora, Spotify, etc., which I know seem to insist on playing to Out 1.

The instructions I wrote for Mac are indeed included in the manual, but I have in fact discovered through support that a few Mac apps actually ignore the system "Speakers" setting and force audio to the first output pair! Grr.

Last edited:
I haven't found any way to do this on Windows except to use an app which allows you to select outputs. For many, this rules out Pandora, Spotify, etc., which I know seem to insist on playing to Out 1.

The instructions I wrote for Mac are indeed included in the manual, but I have in fact discovered through support that a few Mac apps actually ignore the system "Speakers" setting and force audio to the first output pair! Grr.
What app on windows can allow you to select outputs?

Voicemeter Banana and VB-Cable :eek:

https://www.vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/banana.htm

VBAudioCable.jpg

VoicemeeterBananaConnectionDiagram.gif

Just wondering, what use case do you guys have for Windows sound to Out2?
So personally I connect my studio monitors to output 2 so that within Cubase I can use 'Control Room' and switch between my reference headphones and my Studio monitors with a click of a button during either recording or mixing.

Once I'm out of my DAW I'm not able to play sound through the studio monitors (Only headphones) Since USB audio only plays through Output 1 as of now.

Also I don't want to be changing XLR cables from out 1 to out 2 every time I change between my DAW and windows.
So this feature will be extremely welcome in my studio!!

Back
Top Bottom