Use of Control Switches

kavevester

Inspired
Why set the state of ex. Boost or Bright Switch using per scene instead of just setting them when in the actual scene?

I like having a dedicated boost switch that can be used regardless of the current scene. I also use the FC in more of a stompbox mode rather than cycling through scenes. If I were to automate changes in the Axe III, scenes would probably be the way to go.

I don’t use scenes, I use the per preset layout like a pedalboard but far more powerful because of the hold functionality. So I have several control switches assigned to toggle various parameters like amp drive, compressor settings and amp settings for single coils / humbuckers, zero-DSP clean boost, etc.

Still dont get it.

If I set my Input Boost to "on" when in scene 1 and "off" in scene 2 just by selecting this when switching between the two scenes it still keeps this setting when switching between the two scenes - so what is the different?

Still dont get it.

If I set my Input Boost to "on" when in scene 1 and "off" in scene 2 just by selecting this when switching between the two scenes it still keeps this setting when switching between the two scenes - so what is the different?
In SETUP>MIDI/Remote>General, set 'Scene Revert' to <ON>. Scene Revert OFF keeps any changes made between scenes, Scene Revert OFF restores the saved settings when switching scenes.

In SETUP>MIDI/Remote>General, set 'Scene Revert' to <ON>. Scene Revert OFF keeps any changes made between scenes, Scene Revert OFF restores the saved settings when switching scenes.
You said Scene Revert OFF twice in the 2nd sentence. I think the 2nd time you meant ON?

Also, Scene Revert doesn't affect CS Per Scene as far as I know.

Still dont get it.

You're talking about CS Per Scene settings, but those settings only apply to Control Switches.

Do you have a Control Switch assigned to the Input Boost?

Also, is your Control Switch an (external) latching switch?

Its just that I can set the state of these SW under controllers but why not just have the settings done in the AMP block turning them to what ever? What is the matrix for under CS per scene?

Its just that I can set the state of these SW under controllers but why not just have the settings done in the AMP block turning them to what ever? What is the matrix for under CS per scene?
CS Per Scene is for controlling Control Switch state when changing scenes.

The CS can be forced ON or OFF on scene change, or it can stay as it was LAST set.

Back
Top Bottom