Use Humbuster cables as regular instrument cables?

Prorenzo

Hi all,

I have recently sold my AX8 and wondering if I could use the my existing humbuster cables as a regular guitar cable without any side effects. I intend to have this plugged from my pedals to my amp or mixing board.

I was told that the signal may be weakened due to the TRS jack on one side of the cable.

Is this true? Can anyone with technical expertise enlighten me on this?

Guitars and other instruments are made to use TS to TS cables. Humbuster is a tech created by Fractal Audio for their gear only. I wouldn’t use it for an instrument cable, I’d just use an instrument cable.

Using it wouldn’t “reduce hum” at all either.

I remember asking this question a while back to Fractal Support and I think they came back with a positive reply ... yes, they could function as guitar cables ... but it would be worthwhile to double check that info. I've never actually used them as instrument cables though so perhaps support could chime in here.

A humbuster cable will work as an instrument cable. I'm not sure of the conductor size in Fractal's cables but being a 2-conductor cable + shield, it's more than likely smaller than an instrument cable, 1-conductor + shield. You'll probably notice more attenuation of the high end with humbusters vs a regular instrument cable.

Back
Top Bottom