Use headphones and mute other outputs?

relghazi

/FM3 n00b question here:

My FM3 is connected to studio monitors via the XLR OUT1 L and R outputs (and external stereo pedals via Input 2/FX Return L+R and Output 2 L).

Is there a way to use headphones through the headphones output but also mute OUT1? I'm trying to do some quiet practicing...

I already use OUT2 for the FX loop and don't really want to lose the XLR to XLR connection to the monitors. Physically turning off the monitors every time I want to use the headphones is just not practical... I was hoping for a setting or some sort of layout trick. Hopefully the next hardware revision will include a dedicated headphones volume control knob...

I already use OUT2 for the FX loop and don't really want to lose the XLR to XLR connection to the monitors. Physically turning off the monitors every time I want to use the headphones is just not practical... I was hoping for a setting or some sort of layout trick. Hopefully the next hardware revision will include a dedicated headphones volume control knob...
I actually plug my monitors into a separate power strip so I can just hit that power button to turn them off. Might make things a tab bit easier on you?

I'm also direly missing this feature.

For now, I copy Out1->Out2 and manually turn down the volume knobs. Speakers hooked up to Out2, headphones obviously to 1. This works but I have to switch where USB audio goes when I want to use headphones vs speakers.

Another option is to put everything on 1 and have an external mute switch for the speakers like the Behringer Monitor 1 but then volume controls get stacked...

I brought this up on the axe FX 3 when out 1 mute was brought up. I end up dealing with this often. It's annoying.

Sure there are workarounds but ... The whole point of headphones is usually to listen when you do not want to hear speakers.

While the FM3 does a lot and CAN act as an interface, a dedicated interface will give you way more control. Monitor volume, headphone volume, phantom power if you ever need it, multiple outputs for multiple sets of monitors, and lower latency.

FM3 accels at being a dedicated Amp and Fx modeler, but has options to do more with it. Get hardware that accels at a purpose and you will have an easier time. No changes to your presets either.

There are tons of two channel interfaces available, especially second hand.

Back
Top Bottom