Use FC Controller wirelessly from 50ft?

Daveis

Inspired
Is it possible to extend an FC controller wirelessly to say 50 ft or so? I’d like to control my Axe III from a different room in the house. That way I can wirelessly play guitar from anywhere in the house.

If the FC can’t do it are there wireless midi repeater options? How do the big name pro’s remote both their guitar signal and foot switching?

FC controllers are not MIDI controllers. They simply relay button presses to the main unit and display what the main unit tells it to. It's a dumb terminal essentially. There are no wireless options for them since it's a proprietary messaging format.

The more I think of this yeah I wouldn’t trust wifi or bluetooth LE for professional use. An FC-6 brought down to the living room couch would be comfy. Maybe the solution is a comfy chair in the studiio room or an FM9 for the living room.

An FM9 is the solution here. It lets me make my Axe3 tones portable to any room in the house or deck. I just need to bring monitor speakers with it or wirelessly send the FM9 audio back to the cranked up monitors.

Last edited:
I don’t know of any wireless system that knows how to handle FASLink signals. But I do know that FASLink has been tested and proven to work out to 100 feet.

@REDD I think I read Faslink 2 is bidirectional plus power. A microphone is one way at audio frequencies. So I don’t think that Boss device would even partially work. I am guessing there isn’t enough market for Fractal to extend the FC controllers with addon wireless capabilities. I’d pay $200 to be able to remote my FC controller. And I recently saw some Midi wireless extenders on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08Z76FG9F/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I do have an RJM GT-22 that I will attempt to use with the Midi extenders. I really dont have any great love or attachment to midi and would prefer an all Fractal solution.

Very certainly not.

A wireless mic line is unidirectional.
And transports only analog signals.

According to Cliff’s statements FAS is a unique bidirectional digital connection.
It transports key taps from FC to the AXE and signal lights plus texts from the AXE to the FC.

So, no chance with the mentioned unit.

You could probably just run cables in the walls/attic to each of the rooms and then put in wall plates so you can just bring the FC and a cord and plug it into the wall Jack

I ran some ethernet CAT 6A 50-ft across a crawl space. But didn’t have to drill any new holes for that. I wish all new homes built had channels for future cable use. I think I had some telephone and cable coax I actually removed. Too bad there isn’t one universal signal cable. In my case if I was pulling cable from top floor bedroom to basement I’d want ethernet first. I did briefly consider pulling XLR cable but gotta get AC wired in basement for sump pump and dehumidifier. Stupid house maintenance is more important than hobby.

Back
Top Bottom