USB

musicman0001

Experienced
axe fx 3 mk2 turbo with fc12, usb to computer (new g66 usb cable) and to adam studio monitors.
no soundcard used (sound of axe fx and my soundcard is the same), I use axe fx for all sounds to speaker and recording

wondering if the things I noticed and read on internet concerning USB if the following are known things:
  • crackling when changing parameters on axe edit with mouse
  • crackling sound Spotify when updating presets or firmware
  • changing knobs with mouse is not direct behaviour in sound (very small latency?)
It looks like USB simultaneous actions are interfering each other. I use axe fx as a soundcard on the axe fx spotify to continiously give music, but noticed crackling in several use cases like moving stuff with axe edit in batch, or updating firmware, or changing knobvalues.

Any-one else experience this?

Have a nice weekend!

Musicman0001

PS:
Although I only experienced this behaviour with axe fx, it is of course possible that this is windows 10 related or my PC! I'm no way saying this is a bug.

So nobody has these crackling sounds?
When using the AXE FX as a soundcard and when AXE edit ON & with PC output (you tube, spotify)?

I once had a similar issue on a PC with the motherboard onboard sound... whenever I used the scroll wheel on the mouse then I could hear it thru the speakers. Likelihood is that this was poor shielding and RFI but once I got a PCIe soundcard it all went away.

I have briefly used both the AXE FX III and FX II XL+ as a sound device and never noticed this.

Have you tried different USB ports (if available)? And is this USB 2.0 or USB 3.0?

crackling when changing parameters on axe edit with mouse
Some parameters cause noise or artifacts if adjusted while playing. Unlikely this would be different when USB is connected.
crackling sound Spotify when updating presets or firmware
If you're updating presets the Axe Fx is being taxed. If you're updating firmware you should not be sending audio thru it, and mostly you can't hear audio anyway.
changing knobs with mouse is not direct behaviour in sound (very small latency?)
The editor can sometimes lag a bit. Especially if your CPU usage is high.

Back
Top Bottom