USB WILL NOT WORK

I had a similar problem a while back after installing a USB driver for an interface. I uninstalled the interface driver and everything went back to normal.

I uninstalled my interface driver. Even re-installed Windows. Still didn't work.

Something must be wrong with your Axe. I have Windows 7 Ultimate and did not need to do anything to get it to work. The fact that it fails on several PCs is your clue here. It might be time to contact support like cobbler suggested.

Something must be wrong with your Axe. I have Windows 7 Ultimate and did not need to do anything to get it to work. The fact that it fails on several PCs is your clue here. It might be time to contact support like cobbler suggested.

I did the support ticket thing a while ago. They take forever to respond. It takes like 24 hours for them to answer 1 question. Ain't nobody got time for that.

You gotta be kidding. So what line of business you're in that does so much better?
Your attitude surely discourages from helping you.

I did the support ticket thing a while ago. They take forever to respond. It takes like 24 hours for them to answer 1 question. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Contact support, and get the unit looked at. If they don't respond through email in sufficent time, pick up the phone and call them directly.

Fractal has a reputation of excellent support and service.

As frustrating as it is, try not to vent on the forums, as being obnoxious isn't going to expedite your Axe FX getting fixed.

You could try installing the driver in some other PC/Mac - maybe a friends or such. But frankly, if you've trying to cure this for 2 months already then it's way past time you should have sent the unit back for inspection. No point in beating yourself up over it - just send it back asap and get a proper diagnosis done at FAS for peace of mind.

You gotta be kidding. So what line of business you're in that does so much better?
Your attitude surely discourages from helping you.

I never said I had a better line of business than Fractal Audio.
I've gone a month without help. So to consider your question I think I could do better business than Fractal. Maybe not building wise, but "Customer Support" wise yes.
I'm suprised I haven't returned the Axe already to get a real tube amp.

By the way, learn how to use proper grammar.

Van flip times a thousand.
I bet you feel safe behind your keyboard.

Contact support, and get the unit looked at. If they don't respond through email in sufficent time, pick up the phone and call them directly.

Fractal has a reputation of excellent support and service.

As frustrating as it is, try not to vent on the forums, as being obnoxious isn't going to expedite your Axe FX getting fixed.
Is there a different phone number you are seeing other than the (603) 378-0800 number. Every time I call that number they act like they don't want to help me and rush me off the phone.

For the record, I don't consider that to be "venting." It is the truth.

I'm obnoxious? I wasn't talking to you. I was talking to "hussamd."

Lot of posts and reprograming why not try some one elses axe if it works you know were the trouble is. that was suggested 3 pages back. may be the jack in the back of the axe is damaged.

Lot of posts and reprograming why not try some one elses axe if it works you know were the trouble is. that was suggested 3 pages back. may be the jack in the back of the axe is damaged.

As I already told them "3 pages back" no one around me has an axe.
I'm done with this forum crap, I'm just going to send it in.

Aqua Lung - I found this problem exactly cropped up for me under Windows 8. I never had it until I hit Windows 8, and then I fixed it pretty quickly by upgrading the Axe to the latest firmware. When my Axe was on 16 I had some really bizarre things happen - the Axe failed to boot a few times - the screen on the Axe would stay blank. Restarting it a couple of times cleared it. Now that I have 17 its all gone. Plus I had this same USB problem with Axe Edit. I couldn't get the drivers to work to save my life, and I am in IT Engineer. It is the combination of some earlier release and Windows. At least it was for me. So what release is your Axe at? Can you get it to 17? You probably will need to do this via Midi, not USB. Do you have a midi interface for your computer? If not, grab one, they are cheap, and then flash 17 onto the Axe. I bet that helps you quite a bit. Good luck.

Joe

I got exactly the same problem as Aqua Lung. Done it all! Now its going to UK, to G66!
And they wouldn't take it back because they couldn't find the name of the buyer in their database. I'm like the third person owning it, and I can't get in touch with the first one to find out where he got it. Guess I'm stuck with this USB problem. After 4 weeks, 4 computers and a dozen cables it's getting kinda frustrating. Can't really enjoy the full experience of the Axe.

Last edited:
Axe Fx community,

Just receive my brand new XL+ last evening and the excitement turned to hours trying and failing to install the axe edit (drivers) and 10 minutes of actual playing!!
I've read through this string, printed out the instructions for the install AND manual install and have again tonight wasted hours with no success.
Tried several USB cables (one is Belkin pro series USB shielded 2.0 compliant)
3 month old laptop computer running Windows 8.1

Starting at the beginning where the instructions say remove 3 files, one of these files was not present and each time i try to install this file is missing:
Fractal Audio Systems USB Audio Driver V2.23.0

Following the first install instructions I get to step 11 and when I open FASUSBAudioSpy.exe the app opens with nothing listed (no Device 0)
there is a statement: "TUSBAudio Class Driver is not available. No devices are connected to this system"

Following the second install method (manual bootloader and driver) I get to step 16 and attempt to run setup.exe and after the windows prompt comes up saying "Do you want the following program to make changes to computer?" I click yes it flashes then nothing!!

Each time I plug the unit into the computer I get the dinging signifying that the computer knows something is connected.

From the statement above I'm guessing the issue may be the fact that the Fractal Audio Systems USB Audio Driver v2.23.0 is not being installed.
Idea's why or a way to manually install it??

Help would be greatly appreciated!! New to the Axe fx I believe it will be a huge benefit to be able to learn about the unit, blocks, params and where to drill down to find various params from the comfort of my computer screen. To me, from scratch trying to maneuver around with the front face at this point to try to find things to edit is like trying to build a battleship in the dark!

Again, I look forward to any help that this powerful community can provide.
I believe that without this capability I will be returning the unit for refund.

Thanks!

Once I get to step 18 the installer tells me

"Setup .....
bla..
bla..
bla..
21. Run Axe-Edit to make sure the computer is communicating with the Axe-Fx II.

I've been through this time of problem so many times, I actually made a video about how to fix it.
USB Fix
Your Welcome.

Thanks for the replies Rain and loopie.
I did restart my computer with the same failed result.

As I stated initially..."I'm guessing the issue may be the fact that the Fractal Audio Systems USB Audio Driver v2.23.0 is not being installed"
Would rebooting install this driver? I still do not see this driver.

Again, does anyone know how to manually install this driver?

Anyone able to resolve a similar issue?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom