USB through Output 2

Hey folks, quick question. I am using the Axe Fx II as the soundcard for my computer and would like to play backing tracks and other audio from my computer through my Axe out to my monitors. I have my monitors plugged into Output 2, but I'm not getting any sound. Can you not run audio from the USB through Output 2 or am I missing something in the configuration?

Thanks!

Ryan

The usb/digi option in the i/o menu is for audio to a computer, not for audio output from the axe.

Sent from Moto X

I was trying to do this once also, and if it's possible, it wasn't obvious (at least to me).

Hi
I play backing tracks through my fxII from a laptop via usb, I use output 1 tho to my matrix and FRFR 212 cab.

However I don't see any reason why you couldn't use output 2 never tried but I used to do the 4 Cable method with an old rig and that involved taking audio from the fxII out to an amp and back via an fx block being added.

make sure your i/o settings are
main input source - analogue 1
then
USB / Digi out source - output 2 ( I have mine set to output 2 )

I know that once I was mislead by setting main input source to usb but I think this is for recording and sending music back and forward to a daw

hope this helps
G \../

Hi
I play backing tracks through my fxII from a laptop via usb, I use output 1 tho to my matrix and FRFR 212 cab.

However I don't see any reason why you couldn't use output 2 never tried but I used to do the 4 Cable method with an old rig and that involved taking audio from the fxII out to an amp and back via an fx block being added.

make sure your i/o settings are
main input source - analogue 1
then
USB / Digi out source - output 2 ( I have mine set to output 2 )

I know that once I was mislead by setting main input source to usb but I think this is for recording and sending music back and forward to a daw

hope this helps
G \../

USB/ Digi Audio source selection determines which source is sent to the computer not what output the USB audio comes out.

With the USB/Digi out source you can have it send output 1, output 2, or input (reamping) through the computer's AXE-FX II ASIO DRIVER IN 0/1 inputs.

As a quick follow up, i emailed fractal support and they confirmed that usb audio from your computer can only be routed through output 1. Kind of a bummer in my opinion that you can't select to run it out of output 2 only. But i figured out a different solution to what I'm trying to do so it all worked out. Anyway, I thought you all might want to know fractal's response.

You can send it to Output 2 if you set main input source to USB and connect the start of the grid to the FX Loop block. That would mean you'd have to use Input 2 for guitar though.

Quick question - can I run amp plugins on my Mac and run them either through an effects loops or via usb ? Ta

Quick question - can I run amp plugins on my Mac and run them either through an effects loops or via usb ? Ta

Yes via USB -- but your question doesn't address a lot of the issues related to doing this. The FX loop is not accessible via USB (not exactly) but you can add post FX in your DAW before you send the audio back to the Axe-Fx II -- only if you set up your I/O correctly. There are plenty of posts on this forum about how to do that.

Back
Top Bottom