USB Port dead. Another way to Connect?

There's no such thing as protection against a nearby lightning strike. Lightning can induce huge currents in devices hundreds of feet away that aren't even plugged in.
Correct.

Years ago I was traveling by bus to visit my grandparents. We arrived in their town during the middle of a major summer monsoon storm. The bus driver refused to get out so I had to open the luggage compartment to get my bag. As I did that, lightning hit a tree across the street and I got hit by a big jolt.

The bus acted as a nice antenna and I acted as the shortest path to ground. I was very lucky.

My solution to fix a separate usb adapter cable to prevent issues with the usb port of AxeFx

Attachments

• IMG_20240601_134024.jpg
    IMG_20240601_134024.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20240601_134107.jpg
    IMG_20240601_134107.jpg
    429.8 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
I worked as a lineman for 37 years and live in a high lightning area and can honestly say in all my years of experience NOTHING is safe from lightning.
NOTHING.

• Love
Reactions: Rex
The saddest thing is that there are people who do this shit intentionally as a way to “fix” a noise issue.
I got shocked recently because of this. I gave the PA owner a hard time and a transformer isolator. Fixed the noise and safety in one move. Always carry an isolator or two.

I just recently learned this the hard way. We have daily storms in AZ. So I want Ed to ask was the specific error on your multiple ole windows computers the same as mine: error 43, USB identifier not recognized? How much did the repair cost you? I'm having to go down the same route. Did you try midi over USB as well to edit, how was it? Thanks for entertaining my many questions and glad to hear you got it fixed

Leif

I think my FM9 USB port may be fried. Is there another way to connect the FM9 to a computer and fm9 edit until I can get it fixed?

We had lightning here last night and a bolt hit my neighbors home fried his modem and garage door opener. Nothing happened to me, But I noitced today my FM9 will not connect to my computer anymore, It wont connect to my iphone, Frac pad either. I tried new USB cables and re downloaded the fm9 edit. I think it the USB port.

Is there another way to connect other than USB?

Back
Top Bottom