USB-plug troubles - only the unlucky few?

Did you have any trouble with the usb-plug?

• No, it’s rock solid like everything else

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • Seems a little loose, but it’s still working

Votes: 25 61.0%
  • Yes, had to get it fixed

Votes: 3 7.3%

• Total voters

Sturla

Inspired
I’m still debating getting a fm3 in addition to my axe3. One of the things that has kept me on the fence (apart from money and time available for guitar playing), is a few posts regarding faulty usb-plugs on FM3 units. I’m guessing this only affects a few units, and most units are rock solid as everything else from Fractal. But I would really like to know from other users.

Honest question, and no trolling intended

US customer here. I haven't had any issues with the USB port (yet) but it does seem a little loose as well as the XLR jacks. My audio interface holds the XLRs rock solid. I was little bummed when I saw that on my mine. I'm a bedroom musician for the most part so I'm not too worried about damaging the jacks.

I'm in the seems a little loose but it's fine camp. I kinda jigged it up so that the connection point on the FM3 basically can't move. Left some slack and zip tied it to the handles. Any tension has a stopping point at the handle and zip tie. I'm not taking it out of my home "studio" for now, so it works.

European customer here!
I've been using the FM3 every day for more than a month.. always connected via USB to a win pc both for editing software and DAW handling.
I've never had a problem with it!

The plug is a little bit loose (as are the XLR connectors), but it's working like a charm

well, I am also european customer and to be honest the impression that both usb and xlr connectors give is not really trustful but so far no issue with connection. And in case that this will become an issue one day there is a great fractal customer service - so I am not worried about - just enjoy the cool features and stunning sound of that unit !

Mine is loose. Has been since I got it. I noticed when I first plugged the cable in. It works fine and I haven't unplugged the cable since. It's definitely not normal...but not about to go through the hassle of sending it back. It works

Hey Marshall, is the FM3 also tied down to the board? I'd hate to have you grab the FM3 while the USB cable is still tethered to the pedalboard! Ouch!!
The USB port looks to be the same part as on the AxeFx III, but I could be wrong.

Hey Marshall, is the FM3 also tied down to the board? I'd hate to have you grab the FM3 while the USB cable is still tethered to the pedalboard! Ouch!!
Typically, everything you mount on a pedalboard is tied down to it.

The USB port looks to be the same part as on the AxeFx III, but I could be wrong.
It’s a USB extension cord, so it has the same connector. That’s why it works. :)

Yes, the FM3 isn't going anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom