USB noise

This is a galvanic isolator that is suppose to isolate the power as well in a small package for a decent price that i found. I found that it got rid of quite a bit of the sound, but there was still some residual sounds that i was still getting that i believ was traveling down from my power cable from my furman p 1800 pf r, which is suppose to give me isolated banks. I kind of gave up on the sound problems i have with my lenevo laptop traveling out the usb. I agree with fractal that they made a mistake with the spec usb. It should of at least included some sort of isolation. The problem i found is from what ive researched on these isolators is that they only can go as fast as 12 mbits usb. The isolators wont go as fast as the 480 mbit speed usb 2.0 is capable of. So i dont know if this will be a problem with the axe usb or not.

USB Isolator, Galvanic Isolated USB 2.0 - Electronics-shop.dk

Well i thought id give a update. I figured out why i was still getting usb noise even after i started using the usb isolator i had. I had originally placed my isolator after a 2 port usb hub. I dont have much room on my laptop drawer for this usb isolator and the usb cable that plugs into the rear mounted usb port on my laptop, because i have a small behringer audio interface right behind it, and the laptop power supply right next to that. I just barely managed to squeeze, the isolator and the behringers usb cable in between the laptop and the behringer, and that managed to get rid of almost all my laptops noise i had been getting. Im not sure why it didnt work after the 2 port hub. I didnt check to see if i had the isolator with the audio interface's usb cable. I suppose i could have messed that up, but it works now despite that, so thats good. I think about 98% of the noises are gone. Now if i could just get rid of the static from my wireles monitor that creaps in to the audio when i stop playing.

Well just thought id chime in i finally solved my problem with the crackly sound I was getting when i plugged my laptop in to the AC/DC charger for it. The crackling sound went away when i unplugged it in. So i did some googling and come acrossed this thread that had a checklist of things that could cause bad sounds.

Noise from Laptop Power source- HELP!! [Archive] - Sweetwater Forums

The second post by midimagic mentioned "5. The transformer in the switching power supply is radiating magnetic pulses which are being picked up by direct boxes or other audio transformers. Move the power supply away from any direct boxes, matching transformers, or active amplifiers, or use steel shielding around the power supply." Which was the easiest for me to do. Guess what my audio interface didn't have a steal chassis and was right next to my my laptop's AC/DC charger. So i wound up disconnecting all the cable ties, and move the AC/DC charger about a 2 foot away from the behringer audio interface and the laptop, and walla i "crackling noise that happens when moving mouse in windows gone".

Back
Top Bottom