USB latency question: OUT 1 Program vs OUT 2 DI

skunc

Experienced
Is there latency involved between the recording of a DI along with your main sound?
I use output 1 to record my main sounds and want to use output 2 to record a DI track at the same time for re amping. I am assuming this would be a couple ms off.

Why assume that? Due to processing of out 1? In my experience it isn’t. And you’d be putting the DI back through the out 1 processing anyway. So it’d be the same result.

Due to processing of out 1? In my experience it isn’t. And you’d be putting the DI back through the out 1 processing anyway. So it’d be the same result.
I would assume that due to the processing required for each block that is used in the program (output 1). The DI, (Output 2) being an absolute minimum number of blocks, would use less processing therefore would be process slightly faster than a more complex path.
I realize that if I wanted to re amp that it wouldn’t matter. I was more curious than anything. Wondering if I used the straight up DI (output2) with the main sound if they would be a few frames off or they would be the same.

I would assume that due to the processing required for each block that is used in the program (output 1). The DI, (Output 2) being an absolute minimum number of blocks, would use less processing therefore would be process slightly faster than a more complex path.
I realize that if I wanted to re amp that it wouldn’t matter. I was more curious than anything. Wondering if I used the straight up DI (output2) with the main sound if they would be a few frames off or they would be the same.
makes sense, but i haven't experienced anything noticeable.

Is there latency involved between the recording of a DI along with your main sound?
I use output 1 to record my main sounds and want to use output 2 to record a DI track at the same time for re amping. I am assuming this would be a couple ms off.
No. All the processing is done inside the box before it even leaves it.
Even if it there was a 1ms differential between DI and processed, you wouldn't be able to tell.
In the event that a Daw creates latency, between different types of signals, plug-ins etc, all you need is the right recording offset, and plugin latency compensation settings.

Back
Top Bottom