USB jack loose on AX8

Ludwig77

The USB jack is loose on my AX8. I really don't want to ship it back to Fractal and be out my AX8 for weeks on end. I can no longer edit it with a laptop.

What would I have to do to fix this myself?

All connections are directly soldered to the board. So if it's loose, at least one of the solder joints must be broken. That's why it doesn't get recognized by your computer, because it simply doesn't get any data.
What you'd have to do is open up the AX8 and solder the USB port back to the board. Unless you've done something like this before and don't care about losing warranty, I'd definitely ship it to Fractal!

Last edited:
Now sure how loose you mean , but my usb is a bit loose too, alway has been ,still works fine. Have you tried another cord

It seemed to have started working the next day but given that it is physically loose, I will baby it and see it becomes unresponsive again....

resolder the connection on the board to the usb-jack. Or let someone with soldering experience do it.
U better solder it correct and rocksolid. Only then its gonna survive on the road.

Back
Top Bottom