USB Issues

brettllingle

Inspired
No matter what I do my 2018 Macbook Pro will not connect to Fractalbot or Axe-Edit. I've restarted tried different cables. It won't connect. It worked fine the last time I used it.

Try another computer? Are you using a thunderbolt adapter? I have a 2018 macbook pro and need to use a dongle, are you sure yours is working? I would say most connection issues are dodgy usb cables. Are you on Monterey?

Try another computer? Are you using a thunderbolt adapter? I have a 2018 MacBook pro and need to use a dongle, are you sure yours is working? I would say most connection issues are dodgy usb cables. Are you on Monterey?
Yes I am on Monterey. I just used it this morning to update the firmware and now I cannot get it to connect for the life me.

Is the Axe III working normally otherwise? You could try the Emergency Boot Loader and reinstalling the FW again or maybe downgrading back to 17.02 and see if that fixes it.

1. Power down the unit and wait five seconds.
  2. Power on holding both PAGE LEFT and PAGE RIGHT buttons until the Emergency Utility page appears.
  3. Update as normal using Fractal-Bot.

Is the Axe III working normally otherwise? You could try the Emergency Boot Loader and reinstalling the FW again or maybe downgrading back to 17.02 and see if that fixes it.

1. Power down the unit and wait five seconds.
  2. Power on holding both PAGE LEFT and PAGE RIGHT buttons until the Emergency Utility page appears.
  3. Update as normal using Fractal-Bot.
No it won't connect to Axe-Edit either. The Emergency Boot Loader did nothing.

Power everything off.

Power the computer on.

Power the Axe Fx on.

Also, have you tried a different USB port on the computer?

How long is the cable?

Power everything off.

Power the computer on

Power the Axe Fx on.

Also, have you tried a different USB port on the computer?

How long is the cable?
Thanks I tried all that and nothing worked. It may be the adapter I have if it's not that the USB port is fried I guess I'll have to send it in.

You state that FX3 and AXE-Edit do not communicate.
Is the FX3 also not available as an audio device or is it?

Check the system report under USB on your MAC Book.
the FX3 should be listed here.

Is the FX3 listed ?
Does the audio output work?
Is there a MIDI interface connected to the MAC?

Basically the FX3 MK1 works with FW18Beta and Monterey.
Both on a M1 Mac mini and a MAC Book Pro from 2017.

Back
Top Bottom