USB Issue

Crap!! My USB port just quit working on my AxeFX III. I have tried a different cable but still doesn't connect. USB ports are working fine as other devices work ok. I have tried different USB ports. My unit is 1.5 yrs old so don't think it has warranty left. Will Fractal still fix it if I pay for the repair? Hope I don't have to go thru the 6-8 weeks without my AxeFX like you did. This is really a major bummer.

@TexasMetalhead I’ve had mine for 3.5 yrs so definitely out of warranty. I don’t know yet how much the repair will cost me. I would advice u to get a backup if u have a gig coming up for sure.

It's really worth thinking about putting your AxeFX in a rack and leave space to mount a front facing 1U punched panel and add some D connectors with tails for commonly used I/O cable connections which are normally located on the rear - USB, FASLINK, Various ins/outs.

It protects against wear and tear on the AxeFX mounted sockets due to cables being put in and taken out - or damage to cables being pulled/tripped over accidently. No more blind fumbling round the back or temptation to just bundle up your cables without disconnecting from the AxeFX and bunging them in the back of the rack and stressing the ins/outs. It's more convenient and cheaper to replace the D component socket on the front panel if accidental or stress over time damage occurs.

I have a 16 hole Vafam made one in my AxeFX rack - best thing I ever did, I never have to go round the back of the rack except to take the single power cable out.

Unfortunately Vafam is no longer in operation as it's owner Hans sadly lost his battle with cancer years ago - but if you don't feel confident about sourcing the parts and building your own there are still companies out there who will build it to your spec.

There's a forum thread discussing this here https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/patch-panel-options-help.159530/

It's really worth thinking about putting your AxeFX in a rack and leave space to mount a front facing 1U punched panel and add some D connectors with tails for commonly used I/O cable connections which are normally located on the rear - USB, FASLINK, Various ins/outs.

It protects against wear and tear on the AxeFX mounted sockets due to cables being put in and taken out - or damage to cables being pulled/tripped over accidently. No more blind fumbling round the back or temptation to just bundle up your cables without disconnecting from the AxeFX and bunging them in the back of the rack and stressing the ins/outs. It's more convenient and cheaper to replace the D component socket on the front panel if accidental or stress over time damage occurs.

I have a 16 hole Vafam made one in my AxeFX rack - best thing I ever did, I never have to go round the back of the rack except to take the single power cable out.

Unfortunately Vafam is no longer in operation as it's owner Hans sadly lost his battle with cancer years ago - but if you don't feel confident about sourcing the parts and building your own there are still companies out there who will build it to your spec.

There's a forum thread discussing this here
I tried to post a reply but I got an error about it containing spam or something like that. I reread it and didn't see any issues with my comments. I'll try to post this and see if allows me to.

Weird it worked after deleting your link to the Fractal forums...lol I guess it flagged the SPAM filter when I tried to reply to your post.

Hey!

We walk a fine line between running a spam-overrun forum and one where the good folks can post but the bad folks cannot. To keep it clean around here we use a number of robots. The robots don't always get it right.

If you find yourself blocked from posting with a message about your post appearing to be spam it's generally the case that you're trying to include a link in your post and your post count is below the threshold for being allowed to include a link in a post. The easy solution here is to post more posts without links in them.

If you are certain there are no links in your posts and you're still being caught in the spam filters you can direct message ("DM" aka "Start a Conversation") @iaresee and he can help you through the problem. Give him a few days to turn help requests around.

I tried to post a reply but I got an error about it containing spam or something like that. I reread it and didn't see any issues with my comments. I'll try to post this and see if allows me to.

Weird it worked after deleting your link to the Fractal forums...lol I guess it flagged the SPAM filter when I tried to reply to your post.

I bad Best-tronics make me one for my Axe FX II and then they made me a pedalboard for my AX-8 with the same thing, including a courtesy AC outlet. The AX-8 board is now serving my FM-3 well and the only USB cable that ever gets touched now is on the patch panel.

So all of the sudden Axe Edit couldn't connect to the Axe Fx III. I tried everything from changing the usb cable, turning the Mac and Axe Fx III off and unplugging the power cords and putting it back with no luck. So I'm pretty sure it's the axe fx III's USB port that's the culprit. Already contacted support and they want me to send the Axe FX III back for repair. Before I do that, just wanna ask if this ever happen to some of u guys before, and what did u do if u got it working back?
The same thing just happened to my unit a couple of days ago, I am on Windows 10 though.

My Axe doesn't get moved. It just sits in the rack. I guess stranger things have happened.

I spent most of the day yesterday going back and forth with support. After troubleshooting, I was not able to resolve the issue. I am boxing mine up to send in for repair as well. Hopefully it is just a simple repair on the USB port.

I cannot say enough good things about FAS support. The response was very timely, the troubleshooting instructions were very clear and easy to follow and the follow-up was thorough as always.

The same thing just happened to my unit a couple of days ago, I am on Windows 10 though.

My Axe doesn't get moved. It just sits in the rack. I guess stranger things have happened.

I spent most of the day yesterday going back and forth with support. After troubleshooting, I was not able to resolve the issue. I am boxing mine up to send in for repair as well. Hopefully it is just a simple repair on the USB port.

I cannot say enough good things about FAS support. The response was very timely, the troubleshooting instructions were very clear and easy to follow and the follow-up was thorough as always.
Mine was a usb chip swap. Hopefully yours get fix sooner than 6 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom