USB Issue

unscarred

Experienced
So all of the sudden Axe Edit couldn't connect to the Axe Fx III. I tried everything from changing the usb cable, turning the Mac and Axe Fx III off and unplugging the power cords and putting it back with no luck. So I'm pretty sure it's the axe fx III's USB port that's the culprit. Already contacted support and they want me to send the Axe FX III back for repair. Before I do that, just wanna ask if this ever happen to some of u guys before, and what did u do if u got it working back?

I had that happen to me I unplugged the usb from the axefxiii and shut it down and disconnected from my computer shut it down pluged everything back and restarted my computer and then axefxiii. Hope this helps

It is still recognized as an audio device?
Is there a USB hub in between?
Already tested another USB port?
Latest MAC update installed?
Is the AXE recognized on other hardware?
USB FW V1.10 installed on AXE?

• Sequence makes a difference in my setup so I have to boot the computer up before Axefx.
  • Hubs can be an issue as mentioned above - plug direct and retest.
  • Try with another computer if possible.
  • Also, I've had problems with aggregate device definitions that include Axefx (see here) - if you've defined those, remove them and see if it fixes the issue.
  • I'd bet it's not an Axefx issue unless the socket has been physically damaged.

Thanks for the replies. I forgot to mention, I already tried it with my laptop with no success.

Last edited:
It is still recognized as an audio device?
Is there a USB hub in between?
Already tested another USB port?
Latest MAC update installed?
Is the AXE recognized on other hardware?
USB FW V1.10 installed on AXE?
No, it isn’t recognized as an audio device.
No usb hub.
Yes.
Yes.
Nope, but other usb like my focusrite saffire is working fine. I tried using flipping through the usb hubs on my mac.
Yes.

I've had this issue before. Check Audio MIDI Setup on your Mac and make sure nothing is connected to the Axe digitally via MIDI (like a MIDI keyboard). This has happened to me more than once.

Not yet. I rebooted everything including my RME 802 and still getting the same response. I will try to remove the USB and see if that works but the issue started Sunday evening into Monday. It was fine Saturday as I was going over some stuff for my gig Saturday night.

Not yet. I rebooted everything including my RME 802 and still getting the same response. I will try to remove the USB and see if that works but the issue started Sunday evening into Monday. It was fine Saturday as I was going over some stuff for my gig Saturday night.
Same..i rebooted everything but it didn’t fix it. I even tried a different usb cable and a laptop with same result.

So, it’s been almost a month since i sent my Axe Fx III. I honestly didn’t expect it to be this long for a usb port repair. But apparently, they’re dealing with a third party which fixes the board and that was causing the delay.

It’s just so frustrating not having an amp to plug my guitar into.

It’s been 6 weeks without my axefx now. It’s very frustrating waiting this long for a usb port issue. Support just told me 6-8 weeks for turnaround. 😌

It’s been 6 weeks without my axefx now. It’s very frustrating waiting this long for a usb port issue. Support just told me 6-8 weeks for turnaround. 😌
Are you in the US? It shouldn't take more than a couple weeks in the US.

Are you in the US? It shouldn't take more than a couple weeks in the US.
Yes, I'm in Houston. Support told me that they were gonna get the board on the week of June 5th. But after following up week after week, they said they're still waiting on the board.

I'm just frustrated especially having no backup.

Yes, I'm in Houston. Support told me that they were gonna get the board on the week of June 5th. But after following up week after week, they said they're still waiting on the board.

I'm just frustrated especially having no backup.
I've contacted repair and told them I want your unit repaired and shipped by the end of this week. If not heads are going to roll...

Back
Top Bottom