USB Frustrations

jeffdenny

nm - frustrated, i take it back evan though i cant do the usb record thing cause its too messy i still love the sounds and the the mfc101 hookup and the capture thingy so its not so bad after all
-tired and grumpy :)

Last edited:
Well the one thing i found the Axe cant do is make you play better, so that might be the dissapointment.
I still need to practice....

Disappointment..

.....Is when your expectations are no met.

IF you expect the AXE to be plug and play. or a one step to tone-heaven. Of course you would be disapointed!

On the other hand. If you expect that buying an AXE is the first step of a rather long and winding road to perfect tones. It would be a lot more realistic.

I admit that I also have had my ups and downs with the AXE. But for me quitting is not an option. I am gona hang in there. Why?

Because there is no other single piece of equipment that gives me the sound, versatillity-especially in a live situation, and durabillity as the AXE.

Furthermore the AXE is continiously developed and improved.

But of course if you are not satisfied. Return the mother..... or sell it. It wouldnt have lost much value anyway.

Best wishes

AAEN

so this thread was originally about a problem with recording usb.

you say it's "too messy". what does that mean? we are here to help.

Well the one thing i found the Axe cant do is make you play better, so that might be the dissapointment.
I still need to practice....

Au contraire mon amis.... :)

I find that great sounding equipment make me play better. I dont need to worry about the sounds(Live) I just play my guitar and make the "show".

Furthermore the sounds of the AXE make me practice/ play things I never did before.

AAEN

Au contraire mon amis.... :)

I find that great sounding equipment make me play better. I dont need to worry about the sounds(Live) I just play my guitar and make the "show".

Furthermore the sounds of the AXE make me practice/ play things I never did before.

AAEN

That might be true, and hopefully one day i will also reach that lvl:)
But yes practice is deff 1000 times more fun with the Axe.

thanks for the encouragement

thanks everyone for the input, thanks AAEN, you are all right, it was truly a fleeting moment i have so far enjoyed the sounds of the II, i also have the ultra and i was in fantasy world with the thought of recording through the usb ..........at this point i am truly enjoying as everyone says practicing with these awesome tones and am slowly catching on to the eight wonder of the world...th axe-fx II i humbly recall my evil post and am happy to have moved into tone heaven once again.
thanks for the lift
peace j

^^^ Well, I suggest you change the thread title then, otherwise in a few hours, all the Fractalville townsfolk will be storming this thread with their torches and pitchforks, baying for your blood! :D

angry-mob.jpg

Not all gear suits all people. For me and many others this piece works out great, for you not so much. Luckily you can sell it at a profit at this time, which would be my suggestion. Eventually the backlog will fade and used units will sell for used pricing, not full MSRP plus. If you decide to keep it, I'd appreciate it if you could spare us the melodramatic threads and stick to issues and resolutions.

I'll admit that if I hadn't sold my amps and pedals that I might have gone back. The sounds are amazing and the capabilities are stunning. My frustration is more with the learning curve. There is still a noticeable difference between playing a tube amp and the Fractal, but I knew that going in. So many people said it was 90% of the way there and there is so much in one package that I thought it worth the small sacrifice regarding tone and knowing that with each firmware it's getting better. However, I went full boat and sold everything to get this. I am determined to learn it. Its close enough now and I know eventually there may be no audible difference.

Click "edit" on your first post, then "Advanced Options" and change the thread title. Or you will have the mobs out... ;)

So is it "Totally Dissapointed and misled Thumbs down for the axe-fx II" or is it "not so bad after all -tired and grumpy"?

Back
Top Bottom