Not a Bug USB - FM3 not connecting with Mac anymore

Labadens

Hi,
I have a FM3 Unit (Firmware 3,01) for a year and a mac (BigSur 11.6).
It always worked great and I love this unit. I mostly use it for recording so connectivity with my Mac is key.
I have been using FM3-Edit without any issue for months, until few weeks ago. Since then, when I plug FM3 to Mac via USB, it does not work anymore.
Not only FM3 remains "Disconnected" but the unit does not even appear in the "Audio" section of my Mac hardware connections as it used to.
I checked USB wires, tried other ones, I also tried on another Mac (High Sierra 10.13).
Can anyone help me? Maybe I changed a seeting on the FM3 but cannot find any USB ON/OFF kind of setting.
Thanks
Labadens

Hi,
It always worked great and I love this unit. I mostly use it for recording so connectivity with my Mac is key.
I have been using FM3-Edit without any issue for months, until few weeks ago. Since then, when I plug FM3 to Mac via USB, it does not work anymore.
Not only FM3 remains "Disconnected" but the unit does not even appear in the "Audio" section of my Mac hardware connections as it used to.
I checked USB wires, tried other ones, I also tried on another Mac (High Sierra 10.13).
Can anyone help me? Maybe I changed a seeting on the FM3 but cannot find any USB ON/OFF kind of setting.
Thanks
Labadens
Please contact support for this one: https://www.fractalaudio.com/getting-help/

I got a similar issue with 2 different FM3.
When I connect with an USB cable directly from the macbook port into the FM3 the laptop does not see the device.
When i connect the FM3 into a Belkin patch hub into the macbook then it works. Very odd. I tried with 2 different FM3 and 2 different usb cable. Same behaviour

I got a similar issue with 2 different FM3.
When I connect with an USB cable directly from the macbook port into the FM3 the laptop does not see the device.
When i connect the FM3 into a Belkin patch hub into the macbook then it works. Very odd. I tried with 2 different FM3 and 2 different usb cable. Same behaviour
Is it the same cable?

And the same port?

My problem was slightly different I think,
The solution was the "PROBLEMS WITH GLOBAL SETTINGS OR PARAMETERS" in the manual, and Reset System Parameters.
But I don't know if that will solve your problems :(

I was able to save the issue by the command "refresh after firmware update" after i did it the FM£ was visible also when connected just sith the cable.

I was able to save the issue by the command "refresh after firmware update" after i did it the FM£ was visible also when connected just sith the cable.
That has nothing to do with connection...

And it wouldn't work if not connected.

What it does is read block definitions from the FM3.

Hi,
Thanks
Labadens
Not sure how old this post is, but I have had similar issues recently. I just updated my Mac OS to Ventura 13.1 and I no longer have communication issues.

Back
Top Bottom