USB Firmware V 1.14 Release

Does anyone know where I can find the old USB Firmware? Ever since updating to 1.14 our live-set (which uses the usb interface for backing tracks) has been having issues where the buffer will spill over into another channel. Ex. the click track plays through CH1 and started coming out of my guitar cab (CH2) mid-set, it was terrifying. This was while using a huge 1024 buffer. I had no issues prior to this update and think it's best to roll-back until I have more time to vet the PC and firmware.

Does anyone know where I can find the old USB Firmware? Ever since updating to 1.14 our live-set (which uses the usb interface for backing tracks) has been having issues where the buffer will spill over into another channel. Ex. the click track plays through CH1 and started coming out of my guitar cab (CH2) mid-set, it was terrifying. This was while using a huge 1024 buffer. I had no issues prior to this update and think it's best to roll-back until I have more time to vet the PC and firmware.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/usb-firmware-v-1-14-release.185295/post-2296291

Did you also update Axe Fx firmware? Which buffer are you referring to?

I'm getting a lot of dropouts between uses between axe edit and the device lately. It was fine when I first updated, been noticing the last few weeks (haven't played a ton in that time).

I'm getting a lot of dropouts between uses between axe edit and the device lately. It was fine when I first updated, been noticing the last few weeks (haven't played a ton in that time).
Same here - Usually it helps to restart the DAW (Cubase Pro) or Spotify and YouTube. Sometimes I need to reboot (Windows 10 - PC).

Same here - Usually it helps to restart the DAW (Cubase Pro) or Spotify and YouTube. Sometimes I need to reboot (Windows 10 - PC).

I have been seeing the same issue. It is more random for me though. Sometimes I can work a whole session with no issue and other times I can go 1 min. and have to restart the AX3 and my computer. Other times I get halfway through recording a track and all audio stops and I record half of the track with silence.

I went back to firmware 1.11 and had no issue except I had the track offset issue. I put 1.14 back on and just have reboot a lot more than I should.

It is very frustrating. I am thinking of going back to using my Antelope Orion 32 with the Burl B2 as my interface and do SPDIF for DI from the AX3. That was much more stable and did not have any of the issues I have had with the AX3 as an interface. I have had too many issues with either the windows driver or the USB firmware for a while now.

James

I reported this way back and according fractal it was usb or usb hub related. So more the pc or laptop. The more i see the forum, the more i wonder if this is really the case. I update axe and drivers always to latest versions as i do not gig nowadays. But i really have these problems only with axe fx.

To be clear: i am not talking about buffer size or latency with daw. But connection lost for spotify or even windows. Using the axe fx as audio interface.

I reported this way back and according fractal it was usb or usb hub related. So more the pc or laptop. The more i see the forum, the more i wonder if this is really the case. I update axe and drivers always to latest versions as i do not gig nowadays. But i really have these problems only with axe fx.

To be clear: i am not talking about buffer size or latency with daw. But connection lost for spotify or even windows. Using the axe fx as audio interface.
For me it is both.

I will have issues where Axe edit says connections lost or audio stops completely in windows. I will also have issues in my DAW where trying to mix a session and all audio just stops even though the DAW just keeps going thinking everything is fine. Also have issues when recording where the same things happens and all tracks in the daw stop, but I can hear my guitar playing fine, but the DAW just shows no audio in half the track because it got no audio.

With 1.11 this does not happen, but the track recording latency comes back. I have a more stable connection with Axe Edit as well.

I had a similar but different issue with the 5.11 driver where my CPU would do this weird spike every second or so and go right back down. I went back to the 5.10 driver with out issue until I think the 5.14 driver was out and fixed that, so I am sure this firmware or the latest driver or the combo of the two might be where the issue lies.

James

Hi Everyone,

Looks like there have been a few more reports of audio issues. I've tried my hardest to try and reproduce the issues that have been listed here, but no matter how hard I try I am unable to.

So oddly enough, I used to build USB devices and have a Lecroy USB high speed analyzer. I’ll see if I can replicate the issue with it in-the-loop now that we’re done with live shows for awhile.
I'll take all the help I can get! I'm not sure what you may find with your USB analyzer, but what would be a bigger help is to find a set of steps that reproduce the issue including how the AXE FX III is set up. As you can imagine, debugging an issue like this that happens for some and not all is very difficult.

Right now, the only thing I can offer is a beta version of the ASIO driver for Windows, v5.50. Please remember, this is a beta which is still in testing and has not yet been publicly released. This release contains a few low-level bug fixes which may or may not impact the issues listed here.
Here's the download link:
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/drivers/axe-fx-3/Axe-Fx_3_USB_Driver_Setup_5p50.zip

Other than that, I'll offer up my usual debugging tips that I've mentioned a few times before in case it helps anyone:
  • Test with your AXE FX III as the only USB device (if possible) connected directly to your computer without any hubs or docks in between. Try to eliminate USB devices that are not required for basic usb playback operation of your AXE FX III in your DAW.
  • Verify you have the latest version of the AXE FX III ASIO driver if you're on Windows.
  • Increase the buffer size setting in your DAW to a large value and work your way down to smaller values to see when/if any usb audio issues arise.
  • Close any other applications that are running in the foreground and background besides your DAW
  • Test on a different computer, if possible.

Over 2 months since the update, and I have not experienced a single blast of horrific noise. I don't know why my unit alone was experiencing the problem, but I guess it's irrelevant if this update is a permanent fix.

Over 2 months since the update, and I have not experienced a single blast of horrific noise. I don't know why my unit alone was experiencing the problem, but I guess it's irrelevant if this update is a permanent fix.
You weren’t the only one - I found a workaround that made it more manageable.

I am still having an issue with USB audio playback from my macbook running Monterrey 12.6 to my Axe-Fx III mkii Turbo. I am now on 21.01 Beta 1, but had the same issue with 20.04 Release. It works randomly. Sometimes its great for days. Other times the audio dies and is hard to get playing back, or just won't come back. Guitar audio continues to work flawlessly, only laptop USB audio has this issue. Anyone else have this issue?

I am still having an issue with USB audio playback from my macbook running Monterrey 12.6 to my Axe-Fx III mkii Turbo. I am now on 21.01 Beta 1, but had the same issue with 20.04 Release. It works randomly. Sometimes its great for days. Other times the audio dies and is hard to get playing back, or just won't come back. Guitar audio continues to work flawlessly, only laptop USB audio has this issue. Anyone else have this issue?
I am still having issues as well but it's less frequent with 1.14. I believe the main firmware (20.04/21.01 beta) has no impact on the USB audio issues.

How are you connecting your Axe to your Macbook? When I connect directly using a USB-C to USB adapter, I do not have issues. When I connect the Axe to my Caldigit TS4 dock with no USB adapter, the audio will drop out occasionally but it is seemingly random. I can go days without an issue and then one day I have issues every few hours. Typically audio drops happen when I have stopped playing music but not always. I've tried various cables and that has no impact. The only way to recover is to reboot the AxeFX.

Back
Top Bottom