USB drivers will not install!

Chestnut4862

Hi there,
I just got my hands on a mark II unit and I’m trying to set it up as an interface for my pc using USB.

I’ve tried 4 different cables in 6 usb 2.0 ports and always get the same issue. In the Windows device manager the Axe appears twice in the Sound, video and game controllers section. One is working fine, the other has an error 10 code on it.

I have searched every possible forum for answers but can’t find anything. When trying to do a manual install, the driver Setup.exe file simply won’t open, even when booting the PC in safe mode or trying in compatibility mode.

The odd thing is I am able to use fractalbot to update it and have done to the latest firmware, but there are no ASIO options at all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

(Pc is Windows 10)

I’m having the same issue. I have an older laptop that still connects, but my newer desktop won’t install the drivers. Thinking it’s a windows update issue and the drivers are outdated. Your guess is as good as mine...

So i've managed to instal and use the device as an interface on my old Macbook so it's clearly a Windows issue. But i've tried everything under the sun, even editing the registery to remove upper and lower filters for USB devices.

Did you try a Shift+Right-click on the file and running it as Administrator? Windows installers can be goofy like that sometimes even if your account has admin rights on the machine. Anything showing up in event viewer? Also check if any virus or malware scanners might be blocking it from running as well.

I'd reach out to Fractal Support. They can most likely get you going.

So, after changing registry files, group policies and everything I could think of under the sun (even with help from the support team), I decide to create a new user account and try to install it that way and as if by magic, everything went smoothly. Maybe something to recommend adding to the FAQ’s

Back
Top Bottom