Wish USB Driver that is stable

Too much detail given. Would you please summarize your point?

Many know issues.There are a few discussions on this topic. Didn't think I would have to explain this to a person who is familiar with the product. I can communicate using a 3 foot cable consistently. If I use a 15 foot cable I cannot communicate. USB 2.0 cable length specs are just over 16ft from what I remember. Just one of the issues. I have a bigger spoon if you need to be fed more.

You pretty much answered your own question, the longer a USB-cable gets the higher the dependency on quality of the cable components.

Beyond that, the max length of a USB 2.0 connection is @ approximately 16.5 feet, so you’re pretty close to the limit and if it’s cheap cable then I wouldn’t wonder when it fails.

Get a quality cable or a cable with repeater..

If your 3 foot cable works and your 15 foot doesn’t then I’d assume it’s a cable problem, not the driver.

If no cable works then it could be a driver issue
Tried 4 different 15 ft cables with same result. Good quality cables too. Would like to just plug in and use Edit without having to un-install Google chrome, re-booting computer, disabling other usb devices etc. Seems to be some bugs involved. Want Plug & Play not Plug & Pray

Last edited:
Can someone point me into the direction of the USB drivers that are developed by Fractal? i read some stuff about them but they are not in de downloads section of the website.

thanks in advance

Tried 4 different 15 ft cables with same result. Good quality cables too. Would like to just plug in and use Edit without having to un-install Google chrome, re-booting computer, disabling other usb devices etc. Seems to be some bugs involved. Want Plug & Play not Plug & Pray

I just don't get this... I use several cables 1-3 meters and never had 1 single failure.
I do not have to reboot anything, I do not have to un-install chrome and I don't have to unplug other devices.
It just works, plug and play on 4 different PC and laptops, with an AX8, FX8 and an Axe-Fx II XL+.

I am not saying you don't have a problem, but maybe, just maybe it is not the driver but something ells...

Can someone point me into the direction of the USB drivers that are developed by Fractal? i read some stuff about them but they are not in de downloads section of the website.

thanks in advance

There's no FAS driver for the FX8. Not needed.

Yeah I hate to pile on.

But I use a 12' No problems at all.
Have you tried your 15' usb, with other devices? On the same computer of coarse.

I have been having usb problems lately. Today I got an uninstall error of the fractal drivers in Windows 10

Oh my mistake, I used a link from a google search and never checked. Thanks for the reply.

Back
Top Bottom