• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Wish USB Driver that is stable

Murray

Too much detail given. Would you please summarize your point?

Many know issues.There are a few discussions on this topic. Didn't think I would have to explain this to a person who is familiar with the product. I can communicate using a 3 foot cable consistently. If I use a 15 foot cable I cannot communicate. USB 2.0 cable length specs are just over 16ft from what I remember. Just one of the issues. I have a bigger spoon if you need to be fed more.

Solarfire

Experienced
You pretty much answered your own question, the longer a USB-cable gets the higher the dependency on quality of the cable components.

Beyond that, the max length of a USB 2.0 connection is @ approximately 16.5 feet, so you’re pretty close to the limit and if it’s cheap cable then I wouldn’t wonder when it fails.

Get a quality cable or a cable with repeater..

Murray

If your 3 foot cable works and your 15 foot doesn’t then I’d assume it’s a cable problem, not the driver.

If no cable works then it could be a driver issue
Tried 4 different 15 ft cables with same result. Good quality cables too. Would like to just plug in and use Edit without having to un-install Google chrome, re-booting computer, disabling other usb devices etc. Seems to be some bugs involved. Want Plug & Play not Plug & Pray

Last edited:

Louike

Can someone point me into the direction of the USB drivers that are developed by Fractal? i read some stuff about them but they are not in de downloads section of the website.

thanks in advance

Ole

Power User
Tried 4 different 15 ft cables with same result. Good quality cables too. Would like to just plug in and use Edit without having to un-install Google chrome, re-booting computer, disabling other usb devices etc. Seems to be some bugs involved. Want Plug & Play not Plug & Pray

I just don't get this... I use several cables 1-3 meters and never had 1 single failure.
I do not have to reboot anything, I do not have to un-install chrome and I don't have to unplug other devices.
It just works, plug and play on 4 different PC and laptops, with an AX8, FX8 and an Axe-Fx II XL+.

I am not saying you don't have a problem, but maybe, just maybe it is not the driver but something ells...

yek

Can someone point me into the direction of the USB drivers that are developed by Fractal? i read some stuff about them but they are not in de downloads section of the website.

thanks in advance

There's no FAS driver for the FX8. Not needed.

6L6C

Power User
Yeah I hate to pile on.

But I use a 12' No problems at all.
Have you tried your 15' usb, with other devices? On the same computer of coarse.

Scary

Experienced
I have been having usb problems lately. Today I got an uninstall error of the fractal drivers in Windows 10

Scary

Experienced
Oh my mistake, I used a link from a google search and never checked. Thanks for the reply.

Top Bottom