USB connectivity

Please help. I want to use my FX2 with Logic Pro X. Ought to be straightforward - have the driver, connect USB, set the input and output settings in Logic, connect speakers to Axe (output 1/balanced) - but, nothing! Nothing at all.

In the Mac audio settings, for the Axe FX, it shows: "The selected device has no input controls"/"The selected device has no output controls”.

(There is no problem using just the Axe with the speakers - it is only when using Logic.)

Also, the Axe defaults to "Bypassed" when connected to the computer, but only when using Logic. There is no problem using Axe Edit, alone. When this bypass default happens a completely dry signal goes through the speakers, but all Logic plug-ins are also bypassed. If I knock the bypass off there's no signal at all - no input, no output. If I then unplug the USB there is still nothing at all from the Axe until I switch it off and on again.

The "USB/digi out source" is set to Output 1 - changing this setting seems to make no difference.

I do not know any thing about logic, but with my daw a couple of things. The recording rate has to be at 48k. the axe fx midi input and outputs have to be selected in song setup in my daw, and can be changed and saved from song to song, this is one I have trouble with. every time I fire the daw up with out my axe connected it resets to pc. also the axe fx sends 4 tracks to the daw and these have to be configured in the song set up in my daw. I do not know if any of this has any thing to do with your troubles but maybe it will help.

In Logic in Preferences-Audio- Do you have the Core Audio Check Box Checked ? And the Axe II selected as the Input and Output Device?

I do not know any thing about logic, but with my daw a couple of things. The recording rate has to be at 48k. the axe fx midi input and outputs have to be selected in song setup in my daw, and can be changed and saved from song to song, this is one I have trouble with. every time I fire the daw up with out my axe connected it resets to pc. also the axe fx sends 4 tracks to the daw and these have to be configured in the song set up in my daw. I do not know if any of this has any thing to do with your troubles but maybe it will help.
I'll look at that but I think I have it all covered.

Ok not sure if you tried this. Create a new Project in Logic Choose Guitar or Bass make sure
Input Monitoring is checked and make sure these are set
INPUT:Input 1 OUTPUT: Output 1 + 2
you should see
Input device: AXE-FX II and Output device: AXE-FX II
Click Create

Ok not sure if you tried this. Create a new Project in Logic Choose Guitar or Bass make sure
you should see
Click Create
Thanks - will try that tomorrow - running out of time here - really appreciate your suggestions.

Also if the Axe shows Bypassed make sure you hit the Bypass Button on the Axe to UnBypass it..

Last edited:
you should see
Click Create
This start-from-scratch approach has worked for me sometimes when Logic gets a bit glitchy about something - but not on this occasion. The problem must be with some kind of setting on the Axe, but what?! Any more ideas welcome.
I mentioned the bypass thing above - bypassing bypass doesn't change anything.
I've emailed G66, the european dealer - they offer email support.

Logic should not be changing the Axe to Bypass mode.

i tested some other things tonight and happened to open Logic Pro X. i just selected the Axe as the audio driver and then the desired input.

there must be some sort of MIDI communication affecting that.

which specific version of Logic are you using?

Back
Top Bottom