USB connection issues (Windows 10)

The more I think about this problem you are having I'm guessing check your BIOS settings, like legacy, etc, to make sure they are configured correctly? Also I find power management can cause issues with many USB devices. I turn power management off completely on any PC I'm using for the AXE.

First post! Just thought I’d chime in, new axe 3 user since November. Love the unit but this has occurred to me using the axe as an interface via usb into an iMac. I couldn’t seem to fix the issue and would get seemingly random dropouts. I’ve moved to a spidf/ Focusrite setup for now.

Very interested in hearing about a possible workaround. Thanks for bringing this up.

Hi All !
I have exactly the same problem !!
It works well in the first 20 or 30 minutes and then connection gets lost, have to restart Axe-FX to get Axe-Edit connected again...

Got Cygnus 16.00 and last Axe-Edit, put a new external powered USB hub, tried different ports, don't know what else to do.
Your help is much appreciated.
Thanks

Try this - its a flightsim trick - it shuts off all power savings settings on usb hubs - you can do it manually but this is the fast way

Only if your on a pc - I used it for years

Unzip it on your desktop right mouse click and pick run as administrator - dos window will show up - hit enter key - reboot your pc - should help

Heres link its not on web now no idea why its harmless and save you bunch of time manually shutting down all usb power settings in control panel

Link here:

Hey,

not sure if this is the right place to post. Please move this thread if it's in the wrong subforum.
I'm a long time Axe-FX user and have owned the Axe-FX III almost since release. For quite some time now - about a year maybe - I've been having some serious USB connection issues which I cannot resolve myself:

When using Axe Edit the Axe FX just loses connection to my PC after some time. The amount of time that it takes to happen is random, usually between 3 to 30 minutes but it can be longer. Only a restart of my PC or the Axe-Fx fixes the problem until it happens again.
I haven't experienced the problem using Fractal Bot alone for firmware update etc, but when the problem is "triggered by Axe Edit" Fractal Bot also doesn't work anymore.

I'm running Windows 10 with the latest update on an older Intel CPU (i7 4790k @stock clock speed). I have installed the latest Axe-FX USB drivers and Axe-Edit version.
I don't experience this problem with my notebook also running Windows 10 and the latest drivers using the same USB cable. So both the Axe-FX and the cable are most likely ok.
I've switched the USB ports, right now using the back panel ports of my mainboard. So a faulty port can also be ruled out (unless all are faulty).
I have also disabled the USB power management (so that the ports don't go into standby after some time) but to no success.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Try a power filter for your axe FX. mine solve 100% usb problem.

Back
Top Bottom