Bug? USB Connection Fail

Hi there! :)
I have been emailing about this issue for a while with fractal support -and since the unit was purchased in EU- also with the G66.com tech guys...
When ever I try to connect to a PC an error message appears saying:

Communication time-out:

AX8-Edit was unable to complete the following communication request: Query Param Definitions: get_param_info

The things that were tried:
- Different PCs and Mac
- Different ports without hubs
- Different cables
- Rebooted the PCs and the AX8 several times
- Did not run any other application such as chrome or fractal bot

What is really strange to me is that I did not get any reasonable answer what the error message really means and they would like me to send the unit back to repair but this seems more like a software problem at first sight. I do not think that a one year old American built professional unit would suffer such a technical fault in fact it was handled with real care all the time.
Did any of You guys met this error message?AX8 error.jpg

Hi there! :)
I have been emailing about this issue for a while with fractal support -and since the unit was purchased in EU- also with the G66.com tech guys...
When ever I try to connect to a PC an error message appears saying:

Communication time-out:

AX8-Edit was unable to complete the following communication request: Query Param Definitions: get_param_info

The things that were tried:
- Different PCs and Mac
- Different ports without hubs
- Different cables
- Rebooted the PCs and the AX8 several times
- Did not run any other application such as chrome or fractal bot

What is really strange to me is that I did not get any reasonable answer what the error message really means and they would like me to send the unit back to repair but this seems more like a software problem at first sight. I do not think that a one year old American built professional unit would suffer such a technical fault in fact it was handled with real care all the time.
Did any of You guys met this error message?View attachment 42155

I've noticed that when I disconnect my lap top from wifi connection it works flawless, but once I recoonect it starts messing up again. try it it may work for you and it might not. it does work for me. goodluck

Recently some other people have found that the cause of their editor problems was a setting related to Nvidia graphics cards. Please see the following forum thread:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/axe-edit-constant-crashes.127344/page-6#post-1554195

Thank You for the tip! :)
I have an integrated Intel HD but I will try to play with the visual settings next time I will be at the rehearsal room.
It's good to know I am not the only one and there may be a software solution for this.

I've noticed that when I disconnect my lap top from wifi connection it works flawless, but once I recoonect it starts messing up again. try it it may work for you and it might not. it does work for me. goodluck

Thank You - I will definitely try this!
God I just hope the solution will be that easy... :)

I'm having the same problem. Getting the error message:
Communication time-out:
AX8-edit was unable to complete the following communication request: Query devise version:
query_sys_info

iMac running Sierra. AX8 has been unusable for the past 3 days. Odd.....

My connection issue is solved after the new win10 major update pack got installed. Unfortunately I can not suggest any solution for the MAC users due to that.

It has to do something with the drivers because before the problem solving update came I was trying to change the settings of the integrated graphic card and -since You can follow the boot order of the AX8 components at the bottom of the window- I saw that the process stopped on different places for different driver settings.

Good Luck

Back
Top Bottom